back to article Orange launches dance-powered phone charger

If you love music festivals, but can’t bear the thought of your mobile phone running out of juice, Orange has the answer. The network operator’s designed a phone charger powered by your ability to do The Monkey, The Robot and The Worm. Orange_dancing_charger_01 Orange's Dance Charge is powered by kinetic energy The Orange …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

N95

The N95 is a good selling point for this, considering you can probably take about 20 pictures before the battery runs out, i doubt it would get through one night of a festival let alone 3!

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Brian

Dance Charger Man

I lament thee!

A poor copy of Duffman, oh yeah!

4. Wonderkid
    Happy

Why not use body heat?

This thing is bulky and Brits don't like wearing geeky stuff - unlike their buddies across the pond where they simultaneously wear around their (somehow larger) waists Blackberries, dedicated 'cell' phones, pagers? and the always useful Leatherman. So, based on idea I had in the 1990s entitled 'Power Pants' - Orange should consider squeezing juice from the parts of your typical Bopping Brit where there is always guaranteed to be some surplus heat: The crotch! Introducing: Thong Power! A thin cable would then run up form the belt area into the phone, iPod etc. Related puns: Nookia / Bony Erection / Samhung / Tottyrola (Motabona?) / LP / oh, alright, I'll sink even lower: Semens...

5. Mike Groombridge
    Thumb Up

@wonderkid

thanks for that my brain just went had to restart when i imagined this built into the thong with a phone holder in it.

oh well back to work

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@ Wonderkid & his Power Pants

Hmm, sounds exciting! What sort of, ahem, "discharge" would be released if I was wearing my Power Pants for a long while without powering anything?

I'm thinking a built-in vibra-unit would be a step in the right direction.

The future's bright. The future's Orgasmic.

Paris, because she would happily demo Paris' Power Pants during her workout.

7. Adam Slim
    Paris Hilton

Combined with mobile video

We'll have all the kinetic energy we need.

Paris, providing kinetic energy for the masses

8. J-Wick
    IT Angle

Needs cuter bird

I spent ages trying to figure out how to say this diplomatically, but couldn't. She's cute, (like the hair), but I want a raver / hippy type chick if I'm to take this product seriously. You lots can keep the eee girl(s), let's have some raver chicks. And a couple of raver blokes to keep the ladies happy...

IT angle cos there isn't one in this case!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Useful

It could put this on one arm and charge it while I use my hand on the other arm to send all those kinky texts that'll soon be illegal.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like