back to article Will Apple reveal a $10-a-month Spotify rival next week? Yeah, yeah, probably

Apple is gearing up to stream music online for $10 a month, a service that will rival Spotify, it is rumored. Apparently, the cloud-hosted jukebox will be separate from the iTunes Store, and will be revealed at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) – which kicks off on June 8 in San Francisco. Apple is expected to …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Spotify rival that isn't as device/OS agnostic as Spotify?

I suppose I can't blame Apple for trying, but Apple/iTunes being the only game in town is ever so naughties.

1. jason 7

Re: A Spotify rival that isn't as device/OS agnostic as Spotify?

I have to say I don't hear many people talking about iTunes. Most folks I know are fully into Spotify or other streaming services.

iTunes has largely been forgotten for many. Not the big I am it once was.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't mind this future

Where for $10 a month, you get complete access to any music you want, and can stream it to any device. I know there is this nagging feeling that you only effectively license the music, and may lose access whenever the RIAA decides to be dicks, as opposed to owning a CD you can play forever. But I find it's an acceptable tradeoff.

I use the Google Play all access thingy, it works.

1. HollyHopDrive

Re: I don't mind this future

But that 10 dollars will be 10 GBP once converted on the 1:1 currency converter.

But that conversion rate seems apply to all foreign companies though.... That bit is not an apple exclusive.

3. dogged

Jay Zed

Nice one.

4. trevorde Silver badge

Works on all Apple devices

Nothing else supported. Will be included as part of OS, so Spotify removed from app store because it 'duplicates core functionality'

1. D@v3

Re: Spotify removed from App store

Like they removed the Kindle, Nook and other assorted eBook apps when they added Books to the core OS?

Or all the various photo viewing / sharing apps. Or messaging apps? Or mapping / directions apps?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like