back to article 4G Mobile data suck stiffens Vodafone revenues

Vodafone has seen an increase in its UK revenues of almost one per cent during the fourth quarter of 2014, prompted by users gradually moving to 4G and spending more on data. Revenue in the fourth quarter of 2013 was £1,518m, rising to the princely sum of £1,532m for the end of 2014, the mobile giant's first UK revenue rise …

1. IsJustabloke
    FAIL

What amusing fellows they are...

"users gradually moving to 4g"

Ho Ho Ho.... I *had* to have a contract that included 4g, I didn't want it then and I don't want it now but if they are charging me for it then they should damn well supply it.... what's that you say Vodafone? *never* coming to a cell near me you say? fair enough, I'll take a reduction then if you don't mind... oh I can't ? well that's handy for your revenues isn't it? charge me for something you have no intention of supplying... yeah no wonder your revenues look good.

Rest assured I'll be churning away just as soon as I can.

Fuckers.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: What amusing fellows they are...

Actually all contracts now include 4G except the lowest 250MB one. The change not mentioned in the press release is that they have started removing 3rd party wifi hostpot like BTWiFi, etc from the contracts in parallel with adding 4G.

1. Annihilator

"Actually all contracts now include 4G except the lowest 250MB one"

That's the headline on the Vodaphone website, but dig into the details and there are loads of 3G plans still available - pick an iPhone6 (64GB) for example and there are 12 x 3G ones, 10 x 4G ones.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You didn't have to have a 4G contract at all. The 4G tariffs are no more expensive anyway. If you didn't like it why churn away at the end of the contract why didn't you churn away before you took that one out?

2. Andy 97

I envy you city slickers and your fancy 4G stuff.

I'd be happier if they could get their act together and just provide useful 3G in the center of my home town (of 120,000 residents). I know I'm not the only person here who thinks the same way.

3. Vince

"Actually all contracts now include 4G except the lowest 250MB one. The change not mentioned in the press release is that they have started removing 3rd party wifi hostpot like BTWiFi, etc from the contracts in parallel with adding 4G."

My 250MB contract does include 4G - got added the other day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like