back to article Salesforce chief brags of cloud for grown-ups

Salesforce.com's CEO has tried to nudge potential partners and customers away from the hosted computing services of Amazon, Google and Facebook by saying that Force.com is for serious business developers who want to make some coin. Marc Benioff made his cloudy pitch at a Salesforce.com evangelism event in Silicon Valley, where …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ranjit Nayak
    Happy

Not sure what to make of Marc's comments

Benioff announces checkout and at the same time invests in a startup company which builds a billing solutions for SaaS company.

Salesforce.com partners with Google on Google apps and yet he says that only Force.com can satisfy the needs of an enterprise.

Salesforce.com has grown and thrived by meeting the needs of small and medium businesses and yet he wants to disown the market and claim the enterprise space.

2. Brian
    Alert

Lineage what?

Come on.. for the little media coverage that my favourite MMORPG gets, at least get it's name correct!

3. John Benson
    Alert

Let me see...

The Force will provide everything you need (to code a mashup whose critical parts are provided at the sole pleasure of another company that can withdraw them at any time).

Have I understood correctly?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like