back to article Internet Society of Australia changes name to Internet Australia

The Internet Society of Australia has changed its name to Internet Australia, but kept the name Internet Society of Australia for official purposes. The body's president, George Fong, says the change of name “is designed to give the Society a more contemporary image in keeping with the board’s determination to take a higher …

1. FozzyBear

SPLITTERS

1. JamesTQuirk

I Agree, us member of FUCKERS

( Forgotten UNAPPRECREIATED Computer Kindred Enterprising Raconteurs )

Of course I am a Old Fucker Now, Bloody revisionists !!!!

2. frank ly

Hello, I want to complain about my download speeds

"... a necessary part of the process of making Internet Australia more easily recognised and understood in the wider community that we seek to influence and assist".

So the first thing they do is a name change that makes them sound like an ISP.

1. Internet Australia CEO

Re: Hello, I want to complain about my download speeds

Changing the public facing name is an important move. Outside of a small, enthusiastic but largely 'techie' constituency no-one I've spoken to in six months had heard of either the Internet Society or ISOC-AU. The board of Internet Australia is extremely talented and experienced and is committed to making a difference. Increasing the organisation's profile is a necessary prerequisite to achieving the objective of becoming a trusted advisor to government and industry in order to foster our digitally enabled future. The only way to improve download speeds (and upload speeds for that matter) is to have a well known, neutral advocate for everyone who uses the Internet. That's the role to which Internet Australia aspires.

3. Internet Australia CEO

Changing the public facing name is an important move. Outside of a small, enthusiastic but largely 'techie' constituency no-one I've spoken to in six months had heard of either the Internet Society or ISOC-AU. The board of Internet Australia is extremely talented and experienced and is committed to making a difference. Increasing the organisation's profile is a necessary prerequisite to achieving the objective of becoming a trusted advisor to government and industry in order to foster our digitally enabled future. The only way to improve download speeds (and upload speeds for that matter) is to have a well known, neutral advocate for everyone who uses the Internet. That's the role to which Internet Australia aspires.

1. AndyS

Hello.

Just out of interest, are you going to copy-and-paste that text as a response to every comment here?

2. Mark 85
      Devil

Since these are your first two posts, there's something you should know about the comments area... it's like walking barefoot in a cow pasture... be careful of where you step.... Oh.... you double-posted.. one as post and the other as a reply. Kindly step this way to wash off your feet......

3. Ray Gratis
      Coat

He's not the CEO...

He's a Very Naughty Boy.

4. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Internet Australia CEO

PEPT

Post early, post twice.

A really good* start.

* For low values of good.

5. Michael Habel

Whats James May doing on a Cross? I though everyone had it in for Clarkson?!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like