back to article Look out, Dixon! That there is a dangerously intellectual cow

What's that lumbering over the horizon, groaning theatrically? Yes, it's the late, unlamented corpse of Comment of the Week, reanimated for your reading pleasure. What glorious nuggets have you lot deposited below the line this week, then? We open the batting order with the obvious pop at Linux from a Microsoft fan. …

1. Ketlan
    Thumb Up

Eek!

'This week's worst, most irrelevant and just generally shite comment...'

So polite. LOL

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How did all my fellow Linuxtards miss the sarcasm in that first COTW? Buncha hardcore 'spergs? Never seen Win8.x? Even XFCE has more bling than this throwback to the 80s. And in terms of technical fuckery, systemd's got nothing on it.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Happy

It has to be said that the Lintards are second only to the Mac fanbois when it comes to producing a feeding frenzy with the right bait....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"It has to be said that the Lintards are second to none when it comes to producing a feeding frenzy with the right bait...."

And proud of it!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

I'm pretty much the poster child for hard-core 'spergs right down to having clothes bought by others, OCD-like patterning for all activities, yada, yada. Even I got the OTT sarcasm there. Fine piece of work worthy of an award. Offering the best comp I can think of - - >

3. x 7

so CoTW isn't "Cow of the week"? Oh dear......

By the way, that picture is of a Swiss cow. The ones that make Swiss cheese. Don't think you'll find many in Newcastle. They're usually black and white, often striped

1. Michael Thibault

>The ones that make Swiss cheese.

Shouldn't they have holes in them, then?

1. hplasm
        Coat

"Shouldn't they have holes in them, then?"

They do round Northumberland way.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like