back to article 404 Boss not found — Bye bye ICANN CEO Chehade

ICANN CEO Fadi Chehade has surprised the internet community by announcing he will step down from the job after just three years in the post. In an announcement on the domain name overlord's website, the organization said that Chehade has "informed the Board he will be concluding his tenure in March 2016 to move into a new …

1. Juan Inamillion

Up vote

For that headline...

/

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Up vote

I thought that, then I thought hang on, ICANN are DNS not HTTP, realised I was far too much of a geek and went looking for an appropriate DNS error. Unfortunately when a boss isn't found by DNS, it just omits the answer section from the response, so no error to mock. :-(

1. Oninoshiko

Re: Up vote

Generally when something can't be found in DNS, the reply is NXDOMAIN.

Unfortunately many ISP have started hijacking this useful response (along with the useful 404).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But sadly, ICANN's WAP is happening

Well, I'm not sure if he presided over the screaming debacle that is the WHOIS Accuracy Program, but if it's him, good riddance.

That is a classic in terms of adding stupid amounts of red tape to no benefit whatsoever. All it does is ADD risk, not remove it.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

The difficult part . . .

Is not ICANN finding a successor, it's ICANN finding a successor that it will be able to shape to its twisted mentality.

I'm hoping the next person to step up to the position will purge the management by fire and set up something that is finally as honest, professional and transparent than what the world needs.

I also hope to win the Lottery someday. I think that just might be slightly more likely.

In any case, I propose myself as next ICANN CEO.

I surely can't do worse.

4. Code Monkey
    Gimp

404?

302 moved permanently, Shirley?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So just NX D (CEO) then ;)

It's not that he was a useless slimeball - there are lots of those - it's that he was a two-faced back-stabbing useless slimeball who tried to screw everyone for a buck and a soundbite

Sadly the self-serving nepotists will just select someone equally as pointless to waste millions of our do-lars.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like