back to article King's Bounty (1990): Enter the kleptomaniac dragon

So as Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt stakes its claim as RPG of the millennium, I figured it’s time to look back on a turn-based fantasy questing classic of yesteryear, which definitely doesn’t feature any stuffed unicorn sex. New World Computing Inc, King's Bounty Hunt the sceptre: King's Bounty makes a splash King’s Bounty is …

1. joeldillon

Sounds quite a bit like Mount and Blade: Warband...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cough.. cough... cough...

Are we supposed to know Russian to play too? I have no problem reading the stats and descriptions on the last screenshot. The majority of el-reg's readership however will only get the combination of Russian and "insufficient support for DD-cup assets" out of it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Cough.. cough... cough...

Yeah, boobs are great, aren't they?

2. Gene Cash Silver badge

Re: Cough.. cough... cough...

C'mon, any one who's read TV-Tropes knows the smaller the female's armor, the more hitpoints it can take.

Looks like that little lady could successfully take on Cthulu... tentacles or not...

3. Jon 88

Try the latest installment... Warriors of the North

I started out with Heroes of Might and Magic III. It took a long time to get over the difficulty curve, but then the gameplay sucked me in. I especially loved one-off custom games, rather than story mode. I somehow discovered King's Bounty: Crossworlds/Armored Princess. It was good for a moment, but long and tedious. And if I wasn't careful, I ran out of troops and could not defeat enough enemies to keep my coffers fulls. So I quit. Inevitably, the thirst to play game back when I saw them release King's Bounty: Warriors of the North. The gameplay is much more refined. Try it.

4. dan1980

One of my favourites back in the day - on the Mega Drive. I can still heat the music.

It was bettered by the Might and Magic games that followed it but even then I think HoMM 2 was my favourite. I might just fire that one up this weekend.

1. lurker

Yeah HoMM2 was the high point, 3 was 'okay' but since then (and the ubisoft buyout) they have increasing levels of polish but decreasing levels of charm.

5. Dawnstar

Miss you

Absolutely, the hand drawn art and music of Heroes II, I, and Kings Bounty had such a charm. The 3D treatment lost that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like