back to article Apple HomeKit: DELAYED until JUNE, mumble Cupertino spinners

Apple's HomeKit domestic automation reveal has been pushed back after sources whispered that the fruitchomp firm's Internet of Stuff software framework was experiencing delays - while Apple PR insists it's on track for June. Apple was widely expected to launch its HomeKit devices in May or June this year (i.e. now), but delays …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Being someone that has worked on a product that will ship with support for homekit I can say that at least most of the software components exist and the product in question could ship now if it really had to.

I'm a Linux on the desktop and android on the phone guy so I probably apply to 10 or so childish -tards that your average register editor can come up with but even I have to admit certain parts of homekit actually work really well and better than the alternatives that are out there.

2. Richard Jones 1
    Meh

Better To Get It Right on The Launch Date

While there are two reasons why it is of no interest to me, I know that there will be many who might want to sample the products, but I feel it is better to debug things before you launch. Possibly they might have found some 'out of normal issue' of the type which can really disrupt a product launch, yet not always show up in product development.

3. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

But it's autumn here already

4. Trigonoceps occipitalis

the fruity firm's Internet of Stuff software framework was experiencing delays

So I can check out the temperature of my fridge or the state of my toaster up to last Tuesday?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like