back to article Cisco plugs remote code execution flaw in UCS Central control freak

Cisco has patched a remote code execution bug that could give attackers root privileges on its Unified Computing System (UCS) Central software used by more than 30,00 organisations. The UCS data centre server platform joins hardware, virtualisation, networking and software into one system. Versions 1.2 and below are affected …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

where'd my first comment go?

<pSuccessful exploitation of the problem

Not really successful...

I tried to add this to my first comment, but .... where is it?

not a clue.

is 30,00 metric? is that in base 6?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

SOftware is Cisco's downfall

IME, Cisco makes decent hardware but they couldn't deliver good software to save their life. Much like Microsucks, Cisco does not care because they are the dominant player in their market. As such they can sell crapware for big bucks and then like Microsucks, charge consumers for reporting the millions of software defects. Naturally these unscrupulous purveyors of defective code have convinced the world plus dog that it's impossible to deliver proper, secure code. Otherwise these companies would be gone and a company that can deliver quality software and O/Ss would prevail.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: SOftware is Cisco's downfall

They have it made. Engineers get CCIP or CCIE and are loyal to Cisco for life thereafter.

at procurement they shake in their boots about having to work with any other vendor. And their organisations are prepared to pay top premium dollar as they dare not switch (pun intended).

Much of Cisco gear is good. But it's not worth THOSE margins.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like