back to article Rodent rescue reckoned as remedy for cursor crisis cruelling BYOD

Citrix will next week release a mouse. The company floated the idea back in January when it released a “limited edition” X1 Mouse. The thinking behind the mouse, then and now, is that lots of organisations want to pipe Windows apps into iPads and the like, but it's hard to use a GUI designed for a mouse with your finger. …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Infernoz Bronze badge

You are running a *nix OS which often has a fraction of the product found on windows, which are heavy mouse enabled, unlike some retarded *nix apps, and even on a *nix OS a mouse can be much faster for some tasks where a GUI is available.

I also use Linux and FreeBSD and still prefer a mouse.

2. John Robson Silver badge

I just hope it can work on non citrix reciever applications...

'cos occasionally it's just easier, but citrix is overkill...

1. Neil Spellings

Re: I just hope it can work on non citrix reciever applications...

It doesn't - the mouse support is provided by the Receiver app as such it won't work with any other native apps. The lack of native IOS mouse support is the whole reason Citrix built this mouse and added the driver into Receiver.

3. Wombling_Free

Well, if its targeted at enterprise users...

Those mice will be a bargain at $799 US each.

4. Infernoz Bronze badge

Just use a Bluetooth mouse

Logitech do some much nicer ones and don't forget keyboards too, some in tablet covers for iOS and Android. Even good touch screen keyboards are much slower to use than proper keyboards if you need to type much.

1. D@v3

Re: From the article

"Complicating matters further, the iPad doesn't support mice."

Agreed on the keyboards though, i have one of the logitech ones, doubles as a case, brilliant.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If it's an out-of-the-box product..

.. it'll be a right pain to ship. Or they could use a padded envelope, I suppose.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like