back to article Metasploit maker Rapid7 gobbles web app security testing firm

Metasploit firm Rapid7 has snapped up web and mobile application security testing company NT OBJECTives (NTO). Financial terms of the deal, announced Monday, were undisclosed. Rapid7 has folded NTO’s application security testing product, renamed as Rapid7 AppSpider, into its security data and analytics platform to give …

1. petef
    WTF?

Inappropriate image in more than one sense

On most of my devices I have style rules to block the over-large leading image that your web site makeover from Perfect Curve imposed on us. This one slipped through to assault my eyeballs.

Would you mind explaining the connection between web security and the picture you have chosen to accompany the article.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: Inappropriate image in more than one sense

Would you mind explaining the connection between web security and the picture you have chosen to accompany the article[?]

I don't like the banners at all, no matter how appropriate, but consider the phrase "web app security" and compare its likely existence to that of the "unicorn" in the image... I'm only guessing, but I think that might be the direction we are meant to head.

1. FlatSpot
        Thumb Up

Re: Inappropriate image in more than one sense

I didn't read the article.. but who is the model :p

2. Dwarf
    Paris Hilton

Of course they are real ;-)

As to the article, I didn't read it.

I have to agree with the other posters here. Its a game of roulette when reading the register. Will the picture be office / public transport safe ??

Some pics are questionable and not really that office friendly and being so in-your-face, its a bit hard to ignore them.

Suggest a review as to what your audience is. Tits are fine, but just in the right places and at the right time. Don't know about most, but we have filters in the office and most reg updates take place during the business day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon