back to article 'Not paying for any of that music was probably a mistake. Buh bye!'

This week brought us faulty dreamliners, a frigid Pluto pic and a very unfortunate Facebook captcha. Top quotes were as follows: Music streaming site Grooveshark was forced to close at the behest of record labels who were understandably upset that Grooveshark never paid for anything. This choice remark comes from the company' …

1. Richard Taylor 2

but

"Apple doesn't like it when you mess with its precious little creations. Cupertino made everyone remember that this week when it said nobody was allowed to run watch apps on the Apple Watch. We're not kidding, either. These were the iThing maker's exact words:"

That has always been their message on the iPhone - duplicate functionality without significant innovation and we won't take it. Tuff maybe, but clear and it has some advantages for both Apple and the user.

1. Guy Geens

Re: but

It prevents developers from creating watchfaces. One of the most popular features of the Pebble watch.

Then again, the Apple Watch is a fitness tracker. Telling the time is just an afterthought.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: but

"Then again, the Apple Watch is a fitness tracker status symbol. Telling the time is just an afterthought.

There. FTFY

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Apple iWatch

I saw a CNet video review-like thing for the Apple iWatch. The guy was on about how the battery could last all day, but then went on to point out that actually using the iWatch would significantly reduce the battery life and to suggest that the user sticks with a near-black, plain, non animated watch face, turns off the pulse and exercise monitors, switches the main display transparency etc down to minimum and even switch the main display to grey-scale, all so that you might be able to use your iWatch for a whole day on a single charge.

It struck me as rather ironic that someone so obviously enamored with his new shiny was desperately trying to tell us all how great it is while pretty much saying don't use it or the battery will die and at the very least, turning off all of the "shiny" is pretty much essential.

1. imanidiot Silver badge
      Big Brother

Re: Apple iWatch

Apple is just training the first cohorts in doublespeak. Think one thing, say the other. This watch sure is a piece of crap, but ISN'T IT GREAT?

1. Robert Helpmann??
        Childcatcher

Re: Apple iWatch

I have to hand it to Apple: when they polished a turd, they came out with a gold-plated, $5K turd. Well done!

3. earl grey
    Trollface

as someone once famously said:

"But it's really GREAT shit, Mrs. Presky!"

4. Stevie

Bah!

Can you even read the iWatch screen in bright daylight? I can't read my iPad or iPod screens under such conditions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like