back to article Console yourself: How the PS4 Spring Fever indies stack up

It wasn’t that long ago that Microsoft dominated the world of home console indie games, with the Xbox 360’s Summer of Arcade promotion bringing us the likes of Shadow Complex and Limbo, year-in, year-out. Now though, the winds of change have led to the PS4 stealing a march on the indie scene, with Sony’s Spring Fever roster of …

1. Roger B

Shovel Knight

Is also on the Xbox One.

1. Mnot Paranoid
      Facepalm

Re: Shovel Knight

and the Wii U

2. auburnman

HellDivers is great fun and a beautiful satire of modern newspeak, but be warned you need an organised party of friends - preferably on voice comms - to play anything other than the first few ranks of difficulty missions. I've tried a few of the harder levels with randomers and it's just a frustrating grind punctuated by being shot in the back by teammates and being pulped as reinforcements/equipment land on you with only a split second's warning.

3. Simon Fuller

helldivers

Helldivers is awesome fun - I'm been dropping in random matches as I have no ps4 friends and its hilarious.

I can do up to lvl 10s so far great fun, shooting each other is the best bit!

Funniest so far was when I joined a match, and it dropped me on all three team mates in an APC killing them instantly. I then proceeded to get chased off a cliff by bugs. Game over!

1. auburnman

Re: helldivers

It is hilarious the first time something like this happens to you. Less so the fifteenth.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like