back to article Naomi Campbell pleads guilty to assault

Naomi Campbell this morning pleaded guilty to "three counts of assaulting a constable and one count of disorderly conduct likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress" at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court, the BBC reports. The battling Streatham clotheshorse was hauled before the beak following a 3 April incident at Heathrow's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Racist?

"You are a racist, you wouldn't be doing this if I was white."

And she wouldn't have said that if HE was black.

So, who's the racist there?

2. Lloyd
    Alien

Yeah yeah

And she'll get a fine because she's famous, why bother?

3. richard
    Pirate

great use of the race card..

she's a classy lass isn't she?

4. Pete James

Who's knicked my pint?

Naomi said recently that Prada knuckledusters are soooo yesterday..........

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And this court ...

sentences you Naomi Campbell to dress like a chav for not less than 3 years.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"You are a racist"

No Naomi I'd say that you got treatment better than anybody else since you were informed personally by the captain. Perhaps a spell in the clink would bring you back down to earth.

7. Stuza

Couldn't of happened...

... to a nicer person.

Shame the captains and crew got it in the neck for BA Logistics and BA Baggage Handlers screwing things up....

(the baggage system worked fine btw, it was the two teams above that messed it up)

8. Law
    Paris Hilton

omg

The captain obviously came out to see her BECAUSE she was her - the dumb slunt shouldn't throw around the racist card so easily - makes her look thick and desperate.

Paris - because she wouldn't have been so childish.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Huzzah!

After fifteen years of stamping her feet, hissy fits and general violence towards those who will not obey... everyone's second favourite overpaid idiot pleads guilty to something!

Maybe this time she's actually get punished... oh wait this is UK justice isn't it? Prob not then :(

Paris because she's everyone's number one.

10. Gordon Pryra

Her side of the story?

She’s a pampered, abusive idiot.

how can "her side of the story" change her actions on the day?

Who does she think she is? And what grounds does she have for thinking she is better than anyone else? She wore cloths on a catwalk?

She had preferential treatment in the first place with the captain coming to talk to her.

It’s a pity she won't face the same consequences to her actions as a normal British person, jail.

11. Philip Alexander
    Happy

Please Please

Give her 6 months!!

I live close to Uxbridge I wish I'd had the time to go there and smile as she got sentenced

12. Alex Cooksey
    IT Angle

Sentence passed

200 hours community service according to the Beeb.

I pity whoever's in charge - hope they get a good battleaxe to look after her service to society.

13. Sam

get this

"Chairman of the magistrates' Peter Yiacoumi said he had given Ms Campbell credit for her guilty pleas and previous good character."

....previous good character???

14. Chris C

Celebrities and idiots

Naomi Campbell is, for reasons unknown to me, a celebrity. And the magistrate is an idiot for giving her such a lenient punishment, especially considering her previous behavior and acts of violence. When you're dealing with someone who assaults people so frequently that an IT journal creates a (sub-)section just for her, you know it's past the point of leniency.

I find it amusing that we treat certain people (celebrities) as if they're so much better than the common person simply because they are paid to act, sing, dance, model, etc. We put these people up on a pedestal and treat them like gods (if not better than gods). But then when they do something wrong, we get upset that they're not given the same punishment as a normal person. Hello, hypocrisy!

The celebrities who get pursued, annoyed, and attacked the most (usually by the pathetic and scum-like paparazzi) are frequently reported as saying they want to be left alone. Sounds good to me. Treat celebrities like normal people, and they just might behave better. No matter how you view them and treat them, however, fame does not (or at least should not) mean someone gives up their right to privacy and the right to not be constantly harassed.

On a side note, I honestly don't know what we should do with people like Naomi Campbell. Prison is (or at least was originally intended) for rehabilitating people. Given her lengthy list of poor behavior and acts of violence, I doubt prison could rehabilitate her even if she was forced to go. So where does that leave us?

15. Seán

Leave Naomi ALONE!!!

Gah fuckit I'm not putting on eyeliner.

16. Fluffykins Silver badge

Stick the slapper

In the clapper

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wasn't it the captain coming to speak to her

that caused all the problems.

It seems she had no problem discussing the matter calmly with the correct people, so why did the captain interfere.

Because she was famous and he wanted a story to tell. Well that probably came over, and was misunderstood by Campbell, so escalated the matter.

Stay in your cockpit next time, stop harassing the beautiful people.

I couldn't give two hoots about Naomi Campbell, but no one appears to have picked up on that point, who the hell wants to talk to the pilot, he is meant to fly the thing.

It is always those people who think they can bring about peace, that cause the most confrontation.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Different Law for celeb crap.

As usual, the spoilt brat gets preferential treatment. The magistrate no doubt was overwhelmed by who she was or fancied the pants off her. He should have slapped an Asbo on her and given her a spell of life inside to show her she should follow the same behavior expected of anyone else.

As for being racist, she is the one treating him as a "white" person. Racism works both ways. GROW UP you stupid tart.

19. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Suitable sentence

Naomi Campbell. You have been found guilty before a jury of your peers and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You will be taken from this place to the place of Primark, there to be dressed from the neck down until you are cut dead in the street by Kate Moss and Amy Whinehouse. And may the Lord have mercy on your soles.

20. pctechxp

lock her up and throw away the key

She needs to go inside for a good 10 years.

off topic, what the heck does the WSA abbreviation stand for.

21. Doug Lynn

Noami wanted to get off plane, so why were police required to remove her?

Hi, don't get me wrong, Naomi's behavior was childish and pulling the racist card was wrong, I'm sure the pilot addressed her personally due to her fame not race. I bet he used it as an excuse to meet her too. Just seems they called police to remove her when she already asked to get off plane to find her luggage, makeup no doubt.

22. pctechxp

in the future

I reckon they will have to have Taser toting cops on the flights she goes on in case she flips out.

23. Gwyn Evans

"Let them find cake..."

Doug: She didn't want to get off the plane - it was the captain that she wanted to get off & go find her luggage for her...

This topic is closed for new posts.