back to article Citrix – Sorry, we didn't realise job cuts would knacker results

Citrix dropped the ball in Q1 by underestimating the short-term effects of chopping hundreds of staffers as part of a company-wide restructure, and the challenge posed by the swollen dollar. The firm previously warned shareholders and Wall Street analysts a fortnight ago that sales and earnings per share would come in lower …

1. DNTP

$28.8m, versus $55.9m last year

Management Exec: "Any job being done here by two people can be done instead by one person for half the money!"

Investors: "You didn't tell us that the 'money' in your proposal was the PROFITS, not the payroll expenditure!"

Exec: *WOOOOOOSH* *CA-CHING* (goldenparachutes to another job before SHTF)

1. Tom 35

Re: $28.8m, versus $55.9m last year

But cutting jobs is always the magic way to maximize shareholder value. Maybe they need to cut more, or maybe buy another company, then fire more people.

1. Captain DaFt

Re: $28.8m, versus $55.9m last year

This type of thinking always struck me as the farmer that claimed, "This tree would support so much more fruit if I cut off all those useless roots."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Welcome to the Busch League!

This company has been a joke for several years and will continue to go downhill. The senior management team has no experience or skill to run a company like Citrix. So, grab your popcorn and enjoy the show! The ship is going down!

3. happycamper247

I'm glad that people are finally starting no notice the game of charades that this company is playing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like