back to article Freescale loves open and closed source equally

Freescale Semiconductor, whose chips power a broad range of business and consumer devices, has spread its bets in embedded software development by joining the open source Eclipse Foundation and Microsoft's embedded partner programme. Both moves, announced at the Freescale Technology Forum (FTF) in Orlando, Florida, are clearly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. xwindowsjunkie
    Go

Win-Win

Can't see how doing both could hurt Freescale. Nice move for their product line, it gets them exposure on both sides of the "IP fence".

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How to downgrade Firefox...

Sad day for me,

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

Firefox 3 fails on older MacOS (it just never starts), it crashes on some websites, but the biggest thing for me is theDailyshow flash video is extremely jumpy on v3 and unwatchable. I'm downgrading to v2 till they get their **** together.

I think they need to get their act together and realize that what we want from Firefox is a simple clean product that does exactly what it says on the box. Nothing more nothing less. What are all those MS DRM plugins doing there? What is all that crust that I don't want, why is it 17MB now, where it was 5MB before???

3. Ally

Sensible enough

their imxi chip is a processor with heavy graphics capabilities which will find its way into many handheld devices and consumer goods that will more than likely use CE or XPe, and their other processors will be found more in automotive applications that run a range of embedded software, so Eclipse is fairly obvious

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like