back to article Comcast accused of torpedoing Hulu sale to rivals with weapon of mass transactions

Comcast allegedly talked its fellow Hulu investors out of selling the TV streaming upstart to DirecTV or AT&T by insisting it could steer the web biz to financial triumph. That's a serious accusation because Comcast had agreed with the FCC and US Department of Justice to keep its hands off the management of Hulu. In the end, …

1. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Greasy

My god is Comcast greasy. I would just like to take this opportunity to point out, on ranking of customer satisfaction, as well as ratings of general opinion of companies... Time Warner Cable is rated the most-hated company in America, with Comcast rated #2. Their ISPs are rated the two worst in the industry, and their two cable cos are rated well below any other cable company. You can just google to find plenty of problems.

The big scandal last year was several viral calls of people trying to cancel their Comcast service. Apparently they play the -- illegal, BTW -- tactic of just saying "no" and expecting you to berate them into cancelling. Personally, I have a simple solution to cancelling a service like this -- I tell them I'm cancelling (I'll answer 1 or 2 questions if they want, that's OK), ask what the final bill is, pay it, make sure I've documented the time and date of the call, and make sure autopay is disabled. If they come back later to complain about non-payment, I point out that's their problem, look in the account record and see when I called on that date? That's when I cancelled.

1. Michael Habel

Re: Greasy

I don't think it works that way... At least not on my Side of the Pond anyhow. When you get pretty much anything, Electricity, Mobile, Landline + VDSL, or Cable (Triple Play), you generally get stuck in a Two Year Contract with 'em. Though having just changed my Electrical Provider again. I think its only a One Year Contract. So although its in your right to tell 'em over the Phone that you wish to cancel your Contract with 'em... Over here we have to draw up a Letter that basically states I wish to cancel my Contract, at the end of the Current Term. Then sending that via registered Mail to their Billing Department. Then you should get something back in writing about when your Termination Date is due.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like