back to article Yahoo! sees! profit! and! shares! fall! as! earnings! missed! - save! us! Japan!

A first quarter earnings report from Yahoo! revealed the company had missed its revenue forecast again, prompting a share price fall for the once great tech company, and increased talk of stake sales. Results for the quarter ended 31 March 2015 showed an “encouraging revenue growth of eight per cent, with display revenue …

1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hint to Mayer.

No mater how good your products (which most yahoo stuff isn't), if your shop front is an unholy shit fest, most people won't shop there.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hint to Mayer.

"advisors are being hired to evaluate the company's options"

Save yourself some money and just shut up shop now...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My addiction to Flickr stopped after their revamp made it unusable a few years ago.

Yahoo Groups has been revamped in a way that's lost many of its useful features - like searching in past posts. I update a group every week - and it is no surprise when some feature has stopped working or behaves differently.

Recently I couldn't upload Yahoo Group files for several weeks - then the file delete stopped working for a while. Then the text in a posting started to arrive in the email copies with paragraph spacing removed. Then it started to arrive double-spaced.

It used to be predictable and useful. Now it is a chore with gritted teeth.

3. druck Silver badge
    WTF?

Yahoo! ... the once great tech company

That would have been when exactly?

4. King Jack
    Trollface

They need a new logo

They need to revamp the logo. This time they should set the pitch of the exclamation mark to 18 degrees. 17 just doesn't bring in the punters.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: They need a new logo

That is scheduled for the next stage of transformation, in order to properly align business metrics with market conditions and shareholder expectations.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: They need a new logo

in order to properly align business metrics with market conditions and shareholder expectations.

So that's 18 degrees downhill then ..

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The definition of the shortest unit of time

The unit of time it took me took me set it back to Google.

I suspender I was not alone.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yahoo! Sees! Profits! And! Shares! And! Relevance! And! Customer! Numbers! Fall!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Good. I'm not a shareholder and I don't like Yahoo! very much.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like