back to article Netlist gets derisory $2 award following Diablo IP theft trial kerfuffle

Despite Netlist showing that Diablo had a vulgar joke internally at Netlist's expense, it has lost its IP theft jury trial against Diablo and now seems to be in a bit of a mess. The background to this flash-on-DIMM-socket brouhaha is here and we can now add a little more to it. First of all, Netlist did win something: an …

1. David 132 Silver badge
    Trollface

They have grounds for appeal

They may have only won $2, but according to your photo both dollar bills have the same serial number. Oh Diablo, you're in trouble now. Counterfeiting? Now that's an offence.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: They have grounds for appeal

Nah, just shows that El Reg only have one dollar left in the coffers and had to scan it twice.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

That's the problem when your target audience are probably the biggest users of Adblock/Ghostery et al.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"That's the problem when your target audience are probably the biggest users of Adblock/Ghostery et al."

..and userContent.css. Made the mistake of looking at El Reg on another PC recently - aaaargh! my eyes!!!!

Has anyone a userContent.css for BBC news and the Grauniad? Not that I'm really missing reading those - but it does narrow my news sources' bias a bit.

2. David 132 Silver badge
        Thumb Up

I like your explanation. But I doubt they scanned them; EURion constellation and all that...

2. Matt Piechota

I want my two dollars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRqmnxw7WbI

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Your final comment:

"All-in-all, Netlist might now be wondering if its best strategy is to try to shop itself to SanDisk."

Why? what value is there in them now?

4. asdf

>Diablo and SanDisk have shipment bans lifted and Netlist can't lift a finger

Should the end of that sentence be, "and Netlist got the finger"?

5. Samy8

Wait until Netlist finds out that they have to give the attorneys %50... :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon