back to article Comcast, Time Warner Cable in crunch talks with FCC, DoJ over $42bn mega-merger

The proposed merger of Comcast and Time Warner Cable (TWC) is on the rocks, it appears. Sources close to the two companies have told The Wall Street Journal that the US Department of Justice and the FCC are not happy with the proposed business gobble, and both want to hold face-to-face talks to discuss the ins and outs of the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More sourceless rumors

A week ago the rumor was that approval was imminent. Both can't be true, and I see no reason to give this one any more credence than the other.

1. Eric Olson

Re: More sourceless rumors

A week ago the rumor was that approval was imminent.

I can't say I've heard that one before. If there was a rumor approval was imminent, it would have rocked the internet, as many technology companies, media outlets, and other players with a stake have been against it from the start.

However, if you can provide a reputable outlet that published an article that substantiates your claim, I'm willing to accept that at least one person seemed to think this was going to happen at one point.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There was no rumor last week that the approval was imminent.

There were, however, several rumors last week that DOJ's Anti-Trust Division is ready to file lawsuit opposing the merger.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"More sourceless rumors"

Well, then throw the article in the rumor bin with these pages...

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/contact-us.html

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support

2. Spaceman Spiff

And 2x bad == ?

really, really bad?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And 2x bad == ?

2x == Rude Robotic customer service, and of course a 10% increase in your bill (to start, until 49 billion is made, then another 10% because...well just because).

Honestly, it will be interesting to see what happens when you combine the 2 greediest piece of shit ISP's in one country. The CEO's might as well have their company photos taken while they give the camera the finger.

P.S. Why is there no middle finger icon? I find that rude.

1. Eric Olson

Re: And 2x bad == ?

I'm sure the robotic help would be better and more expensive than the poor folks they hire to be abused in the Philippines or Malaysia. The flowcharts they hand out have every termination point except "Resolved to Customer Satisfaction."

3. Gannettt

The complete wording on the door should read:

"Driver carries no cash - we don't pay him enough"

4. Youngone Silver badge

Hearing? Herring

This merger will go ahead if Comcast and TWC find the right Senators or Congress people to give "Campaign contributions" to.

That's how the US political system is designed to work.

5. cs94njw

You know what will happen - they will say, either we'll give you crap in court over net neutrality, or you allow this deal.

And in a way, if net neutrality is kept, competition *should* appear anyway..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like