back to article Hungry Apple fanbois can now buy a lunch date with Tim Cook

Tim Cook, Apple CEO, is auctioning off an opportunity to join him for lunch at Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, along with a pair of VIP passes to an Apple keynote. The lunch is in support of the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, and follows Cook's announcement that he will develop a "systematic approach …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$5 blow, no dinner.

Head is head.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

A fool and his money...

Do I really need to finish that?

2. Richard Jones 1
    Joke

What's for Lunch?

I guess it will be a little mac not; a Big Mac(tm) that would be too old hat.

1. emmanuel goldstein

Re: What's for Lunch?

and the chips will be glued in place.

3. Bob Vistakin
    Joke

It's an old joke, but quite relevant.

"Now we've established what you are, let's talk more about that price."

4. Bloodbeastterror

Harsh...

If it's going towards a worthy charity, all respect to the guy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sad

I get that it's a good cause and all, but there's something seedy about selling yourself out like that - Apple is sitting on billions of dollars in cash, if Cook wants to purchase Canada to pursue his goals he can do it without acting like a prostitute.

I miss Steve.

6. skeptical i
    Devil

Better pray no L.A. School District board members win.

See -- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/16/la_schools_want_multimillion_refund_after_apple_delivered_rotten_fruit/

Else that could make for an interesting lunch discussion.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will Tim be hosting...

...any of the millions of Chinese slaves he uses to receive his multi-million dollar annual compensation?

I didn't think so.

1. Fink-Nottle

Re: Will Tim be hosting...

I believe they have selected a lucky wage-slave to attend the function - accompanied by fava beans and a nice chianti.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. chivo243 Silver badge
    Mushroom

Rich People

Pfffft! I read somewhere not long ago, that if the 500 richest people gave just some of their cash back to the public, there would be no debt, no homelessness, no hunger and free education for everybody.

Stop this planet, I want to get off...

1. Matt Siddall

Re: Rich People

I dunno. According to Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2014/03/03/forbes-billionaires-full-list-of-the-worlds-500-richest-people/), the 500 richest people in the world are collectively worth $4.4 trillion. There are just over 7 billion people in the world, so even if the 500 richest gave every penny, each person in the world would get $617. I'd be impressed if that's enough to see off debt, homelessness, hunger, etc.

10. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

Hungry Apple fanbois can now buy a lunch date with Tim Cook

What's going to be covered in epoxy glue? Mr Cook or the lunch?

11. Mage Silver badge
    Devil

Daft.

Why doesn't he just give them $1M?

I'm reminded of parable of poor woman and show-off donating to Temple.

This is more about Apple and Tim Cook than helping Charity.

Some rich owner of a Card payment processing company just cut his salary today from HUGE to $77K or £77K to be able to double salary of about 1/2 his employees.

12. gnasher729 Silver badge

Some quite disgusting comments here, not unexpected since Apple is involved. Some people here should be ashamed for themselves.

Last year Tim Cook raised $330,000 for charity with the same kind of auction, and $610,000 the year before. And this year's auction won't stay at $160,000.

1. Syren Baran

At this rate

"Last year Tim Cook raised $330,000 for charity with the same kind of auction, and $610,000 the year before. And this year's auction won't stay at $160,000."

If that rate of halving continues you might be able to get a good meal for a fiver in a few years time. If you´re hungry it might actually be worth while having to spend an hour with Cook.

2. bvonr
      FAIL

@gnasher729

I have a problem with this comment in a way. That is great that Tim Cook "raised" money for charity. He didn't give money to charity (maybe he did but that isn't what you said here) he raised it from other people. I know by experience that the nicest people give money to charity, they really can't afford it, but feel obligated to help in any way they can.

13. x 7

You do realise you can buy two nights with Cook for half the price? A kind of second prize....

14. msknight

Hmm....

I don't know about, "expected to rise." More like, "taking the rise." IMHO.

15. Benjol
    Trollface

Enduring one whole hour in the company of two fanbois?

I'd put the price up if I was him :)

16. x 7

Hungry Fanbois?

Someone who can afford to buy an Apple product has too much money to be hungry

17. Mark 85

So how much....

... would have to spend to eat in the Apple cafeteria and NOT have lunch with Cook? Might be better food and better lunch associates.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like