back to article Oracle grunts, grimaces, pushes out 98-flaw security patch batch

Oracle has patched nearly 100 security flaws in Java, Fusion Middleware, Database, MySQL and other products. For Java SE, the update fixes 14 CVE-listed bugs. All of the flaws are remotely exploitable without authentication to compromise a victim's computer, and three were given risk assessment scores of 10 out of 10. (Psst …

1. elDog

Might be a bit less painful if they were a bit more "regular"

Also a pure meat (Larry Ellison style) diet does cause a bit of bowel constriction. Perhaps he should indulge in a bit of roughage every now and then.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Might be a bit less painful if they were a bit more "regular"

Ya call that constipation, now early 2000-es was Oracle constipation. They were not releasing security fixes for years in some cases.

In any case, the CVE database has no info on the vulns (they are just reserved numbers) and there is no announcement with actual vuln contents on BUGTRAQ. What a bunch of ... ... ... ...

2. Mark 85

More bloatware...

Just ran the Java Update and once again they tried to foist Ask.com toolbox and default search. I really wish these things were banned. If I wanted Ask.com's toolbar and search, I would go look for it. Then there's the non-IT types. Worked on PC recently that had every damn toolbar known to man... and 3 different AV's. All came from "updates". Not just Java, but Flash and couple of others that the user couldn't remember. <sigh>

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

Re: More bloatware...

there's a "suppress partner offerings" (or something similar) in the java settings. Right down at the bottom.

1. Mark 85

Oh yeah... it's there. Almost well-hidden too. This was on a customer machine that I'm not supposed to change settings per the IT department. A little contracting opens ones eyes to some lax practices.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I estimate Chrome is foisted upon users more than all other products combined.

Chrome is an advert. delivery vehicle. Machines I have had to wipe and re-install due to the crushing weight of advertising malware, were invariably were owned by Chrome users - just saying.

1. Craigness

(Almost) everyone is a Chrome user! You could make the same association with lavatory users.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's simply amazing...

...how companies routinely crank out defective software as if this is acceptable. They must have interned at Microsucks.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Speaking of daft software...

Anyone who has ever tried to use Cisco's ASDM GUI to change hardware settings is in for a real treat. Expect to spend days troubleshooting the ASDM software only to learn:

1. It does NOT work with IE11 or IE9 (for servers) - Whooda thunk?

2. It does not work with V7 of Java

3. It doesn't work with many versions of Firefox, Chrome or Safari

4. Most of the time you are forced to use CLI but even that doesn't always function properly

5. Cisco doesn't care that their ASDM software is unusable by most consumers of Cisco hardware

1. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Dan Paul

Because re-iteration makes it stick in your mind?

6. adam payne

Java

Java on the hit list again why i'm I not surprised by this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like