back to article Screw YOU, Apple – Netflix teases world+dog with its own 'coming soon' SMARTWATCH

Netflix says it has a smartwatch “coming soon.” Kind of. The streaming vid titan today released the video below to illustrate its concept for a smartwatch. Spoiler alert: the company may not be entirely serious, as the video features a wrist-mounted smartphone with what looks to be about a five-inch screen. The “watch” is …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Holmes

Only thing funnier than losers queuing for the iwatch...

... Is the fact that the boys at El Reg will laugh at just about anything.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Only thing funnier than losers queuing for the iwatch...

The iPad was met with just as much cynicism. I bet many who laughed at it own a tablet now.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Holmes

Re: Only thing funnier than losers queuing for the iwatch...

I'm not being cynical about the iwatch. Don't care one way or the other - it's a piece of tech I'll have to support on our network at some point just like all the other Apple kit. Which isn't terribly difficult.

I'm being cynical about the losers who queu up for the iwatch.

3. Sanctimonious Prick
    Angel

Thank You El Reg!

That just made my day. The video had me in tears!!

Oh dear, I'm still laughing!!

1. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Teiwaz
    Coat

I can't believe Nobody said it yet...

Netflix, One off the wrist.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Coat

Re: I can't believe Nobody said it yet...

How about....

"It is all in the Wrist Action...."

Ok, time to walk the dog.

5. PaulM 1

The LG 20 is the best wearable smart phone

The £20 LG 20 has a 3 inch display and is nearly square in shape and so is probably the best smart phone to wear on your wrist:

http://www.e2save.com/community/reviews/lg-l20-review/

Does anyone know of a smaller android phone that I could buy instead to put on my wrist?

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: The LG 20 is the best wearable smart phone

"a 3 inch display ...probably the best smart phone to wear on your wrist:"

I was just thinking something similar reading the article while looking over at my smallish Samsung S2 phone. A bit smaller, a decent comfortable strap attached to the forearm similar to the mp3 player straps joggers use and it'd probably work ok as reasonable place to keep a smart phone while on the move. Probably only practicable in warmer climates/environments since it might look (even more silly) strapped on over a long sleeved shirt or suit jacket.

We all laugh now, but what about in a year or two? It could be a godsend for the facebook generation :-)

2. CannedTurkey

If you were fine running Eclair(?) the Motorola Flipout would have been a good choice.

3. PaulM 1

Anyone caring to put my crazy idea to the test can now buy an LG 20 as a Pay As You Go upgrade for £0.99 from Carphonewarehouse.com. If you have an old PAYG SIM from one of the main networks hanging around that you have used to make a phone call in the last 3 months then you probably qualify for a 99p LG 20 with free courier delivery. To get to the Carphonewarehouse upgrades page, hover your mouse over "UPGRADES" and then click on "Pay as you go all phones".

4. PaulM 1

Here is a link to a £1.99 wrist strap for the LG 20 smart watch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QAJ68UQ/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like