back to article Nvidia v Qualcomm, Samsung: Thumbs up from judge in patent row

Nvidia has won an important early victory in its ongoing patent litigation against Qualcomm and Samsung, with a judge in the US International Trade Commission ruling in Nvidia's favor as to the language of the disputed patents. "We're very pleased with the outcome of the ruling," Nvidia said in a Monday blog post, "in which …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So...

Is there any mobile phone it's actually legal to use that doesn't have an ASCII dot matrix LCD display?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Re: So...

Nope, someone will have patented that too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't get too excited...

...as Nvidia could have the ruling reversed on appeal, as often happens.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Mark 85

Re: Don't get too excited...

I think most of us will agree. But then, we're not patent trolls, lawyers, or someone who'd get their bottom line raised by winning a patent suit.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

How much do you steal?

You seem to advocate theft by QualComm and Samsung.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"You seem to advocate theft by QualComm and Samsung."

Nice try, advocator! Troll on!

The only thing that made me post on this, was this...

Virginia "has a faster time to trial than most jurisdictions in the United States."

If this is true, then Virginia needs either A. More patent suits, or B. Needs ALL patent suits. I'm getting tired of reading about billionaire babies using the legal system for commercial gain. You read about this what, every week? Sometimes literally every other day? It's fucking ridiculous. So, the faster, the better.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

In general, the word 'patent' makes me about as excited as rewinding a cassette with a pencil.

Rewinding a cassette with a pencil is pretty good. You stick the pencil through the hub, then wave your arm around to make the cassette rotate around the pencil and the tape goes vwipp vwipp vwipp! It's (to paraphrase the Hon. Elena Kagan) way more fun than a patent dispute.

3. Lionel Baden

i hope its taken into account.

That Nvidia, is not a patent troll !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like