back to article UK lawsuit against Google delayed by EU antitrust investigation

A lawsuit against Google over alleged search manipulation has been adjourned, after a judge ruled it was "inappropriate" to hold the trial while the European Commission was pursuing its anti-trust case. Court News UK is reporting that a High Court trial "between Infederation, the operator of Foundem.co.uk, and Google, has been …

1. Gordon 10
    FAIL

So basically

2 more years and foundem will be bankrupt. Problem solved. Well done EC!

2. JaitcH
    WTF?

If Ford, or Mercedes, buys advertising space ...

why should they have to promote Chrysler or Jaguar?

Let these whiners build their own web sites - it's called free enterprise.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Re: If Ford, or Mercedes, buys advertising space ...

"Let these whiners build their own web sites - it's called free enterprise."

That's exactly what these "whiners" did. Then Google started offering a competing service and the claim is that Google artificially moved their own comparison service up the rankings.

Think of it as ITV or Sky selling their own brand of Cola then all other Cola makers suddenly find all the prime advertising spots have already been "sold" to ITV Cola or Sky Cola.

1. big_D Silver badge

Re: If Ford, or Mercedes, buys advertising space ...

But... On the other hand, if I am searching for a product, I generally don't want my search results filled up with other search results, Google's or somebody else's. That really annoys me with Google.

If I search for "Jabra PRO 930 configuration", I don't want 3 pages of search sites and price comparison sites. Google, if I am searching for answers to configuration problems, then I have probably already bought the damned thing and I don't need to know how much it costs!

If I am looking for prices, I'll go to a price comparison search site, if I am looking for information about a product, then I'll go to Google (or more often lately Bing, because their results have been more relevant, who'd a thunk it?), so I don't want a single price comparison result, including Google's own.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One interesting tidbit is that foundem.co.uk is using the Google+ Platform and is "very easy on the eyes."Apropos of nothing but [shrug].

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like