back to article Newly merged Chinese taxi-hailing app now valued at $9 BEEELLION

A coalition of US hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and the largest of China's technology companies have invested in a merger of the country's largest taxi-hailing apps, bringing the combined company's valuation up to almost $9bn. Didi Dache and Kuaidi Dache, China's leading taxi-hailing apps, announced their intention to …

1. Natalie Gritpants

I can think of a name

Kuadidi Dache

Hope I've not insulted someone's mother.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I can think of a name

Gotta Dache

2. small and stupid

Must dache

3. Speltier

Musdache.... wait, isn't that the Lyft pink thingie?

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

$9 billion ?

Hey Zuck ! Got any left over cash ? Compared to your last "acquisition", this seems to be at least useful.

5. JaitcH
    WTF?

Governments should mandate E-taxi hailing

Living in Ho Chi Minh City with over 5-million scoots and around a million 4-wheeled vehicles, much of the congestion is caused by parked taxi's.

One, Vinasun, is notorious for having thousands of vehicles parked at the roadside - as soon as a road gets widened from two-lane (one each way) to four lane - the kerb lanes fill with parked Vinasun, predominantly, vehicles.

If governments stiffened up on taxi parking (and standing - i.e. with a driver in the seat) and insisted that taxi industry groups implemented develop/buy Apps with the servers providing access to all legal taxi companies (we also have numerous illegal 'pirate' companies) the community benefits would be enormous.

Idling taxis could park on less crowded streets, pollution would be reduced, emergency U-turns with minimalist signals to scoop a passenger would diminish and governments would/could get a handle on taxi income for tax purposes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like