back to article Wearables market action is all in the wrist says market-scryer IDC

The wearables market will be dominated by wrist action, according to market-watcher IDC, and will remain smaller than the PC market. The firm today predicted that 2015 will see 45.7 million wearables shipped, up from 2014's 19.6 million units. By 2019, total shipment volumes are forecast to reach 126.1 million units. Devices …

1. Ole Juul

Smart

I don't see shoes on the list.

1. gregthecanuck

Agent 86

Reporting for duty chief.

And when those IDC estimates are wrong they will say...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Smart

Since the "Shoe bomber", people talking to their shoes attract unwelcome attention. Well, more unwelcome attention than before, anyway.

2. Ashton Black

Interesting..

But the table is spanning across the page, running behind the adverts, so I can't read it.

(e-mail sent to corrections)

I'm still waiting for a decent wrist slab. The current generation is still a bit, well, meh.

3. dogged

Ring

That NFC ring for opening your front door looks handy. Especially when carrying all the shopping.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bad Table Span

open dev tools

Locate <Div ID='right-col'> and set/add style=display:none.... simples, all adverts gone... lol

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Personally I like the current Ford advert for the EcoSport (in the UK) with the guy in his "Swimmers" walking off the beach with his car keys secreted in his eh.......... Swimmers.

Not sure if that counts as "wearables" in this context but I think it is a great application of new technology.

I also marvel at the actors ability to press the button on the keyfob with his ??? to open the car door and start the engine............ Simply amazing

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like