back to article Bongfire of Inanity: Jakarta rozzers enforce mass chill-out

A community in West Jakarta was left dazed, confused and peckish after the local rozzers decided to "destroy" three and a half tonnes of cannabis on a bonfire. A series of drug seizures by the West Jakartan Palmerah plod netted over 1.8 kilograms of methamphetamine and 2,500 ecstasy pills, as well as several tonnes of wacky …

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Dammit

I was expecting Steve!

2. Rich 11

Smoky delight

This reminds me of a report in an Australian newspaper from about 20 years ago, of an incident where the cops got the local fire brigade to help them safely burn a huge stash of weed. Three firefighters were later disciplined for "inhaling through the sides of their respirators".

3. Mark 85

Straight out of the 60's, this is.....

"No stems, no seeds that you don't need, Jakarta Gold is a bad-ass weeeeeeeed...... "

1. Bongwater

Re: Straight out of the 60's, this is.....

Pass the bone!

4. Elmer Phud

"The crystal methamphetamine and ecstasy pills were reportedly destroyed in a blender."

'reportedly' -- but now, thanks to a pill-forming machine, availabe to you via your local supplier.

1. mANgLEr

At least we now know the answer to the most important question: will it blend?

2. Robert Helpmann??
      Holmes

Reportedly

but now, thanks to a pill-forming machine, availabe to you via your local supplier.

Nah, they added fruit and made smoothies. Seriously, what the hell did they do with it after? Dump it out back of the police station so that it could get into the local water table? Judging from the way they disposed of the pot, I would bet the locals have more to worry about than getting a headache.

Icon, because it should have been disposed of properly.

5. WraithCadmus
    Joke

What a waste of public money!

I'm confident the marijuana was going to be burnt eventually.

6. tony2heads
    Holmes

Only one work in the image could I recognize

Ganja

Sherlock, what is that in your pipe?

1. Aldous
      Holmes

Re: Only one work in the image could I recognize

Opium Old Boy, you can't smoke Morphine don't you know?

2. Roger Kynaston
      Happy

Re: Only one work in the image could I recognize

With Sherlock, it was typically Opium if I remember my Conan Doyle correctly.

7. Tim Jenkins

Nice to see our Indonesian cousins are continuing the great LEA tradition of grossly inflating the value of seizures in order to perpetuate the myth of the War on Drugz.

(And there's no way that pile of herbal bricks is three tonnes...)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the US they burn the crops in the fields

In my youth, I knew someone who's parent grew a field of the stuff. Knowing that "Someday, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday" the DEA would burn his fields - and stand down-wind - he cultivated poison ivy between the rows.

Someday came. The fields got burnt; the Feds stood down-wind, and got taken to the ER for poison ivy in the lungs.

1. Captain DaFt

Re: In the US they burn the crops in the fields

Remind me of the story about a big marijuana bust in Florida.

They burned the pot in a field near a seabird sanctuary.

No tern was left unstoned.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like