back to article Bloodborne: An immersively thick cut above its gaming rivals

I dreamt I was in Yharnam last night, swirling dark cloth fluttering on the edge of my consciousness; Bloodborne has me hooked like a horrid nightly visit from a Lovecraftian succubus. This game is no fleeting weekender like The Order: 1886 it’s time for some true graft. Bloodborne Character modelling Just like The Order: …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

superb

Load time patch coming soon according to Sony.. 6 of of 5?

2. JLV
    Happy

There's a lot of chatter about it coming to PCs. Will probably get it and use my PS3 controller if it does.

But if anything it seems even more harcore than the Souls. No shields or magic? - that's gonna be one tough puppy.

3. Dr Dan Holdsworth

A small point of order here...

Hyenas are not canines. They're not even remotely related to canids, but are slightly closer to cats and mustelids than they are to dogs.

1. AbelSoul
      Headmaster

Re: A small point of order here...

That was news to me, thank you.

Everyday's a school day.

4. Valeyard

aw man

This ensures I’m crying with fear and frustration early on and constantly hoping for the glittering glow of a respawn lamp, which are very few and far between.

put me right off, i just don't have the time and play to relax, not to get angry

5. Bailey

Six hours in and only just beaten Father Gascgoine...

... and already Bloodborne has ruined me for all other games this year. If you still haven't been hooked by From Software's masterpieces, do yourself a favour and buy Dark Souls on Steam, download the DSFix, grab a PS4 pad and start an Odyssey through gaming's peerless series.

6. Havin_it

Screenies?

Y'know, for a game that's groaning with magnificently Gigeresque monsters (apparently, according to that trailer I done seen on the telly), you'd think the visual aids for this review might comprise something a bit more eye-catching than a bunch of menu shots and closeups of our hero in his man-burqa. Just sayin'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like