back to article You – yes, YOU – can now 3D print your very own Paul McCartney

3D model of Sir Paul McCartney 3D model ... Sir Macca Sir Paul McCartney has made himself available to download and print as a 3D figure. You read that correctly. The Beatles legend was given a body scan as part of the Hope For The Future single he released last year. The video and song, created for the game Destiny, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

A plan with Wings?

Or is this another band on the run?

2. Khaptain Silver badge

Feeling faint

Quick somebody pass me the sick jug, the contents of my stomach have become disturbed....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Well....

..it probably has better vocal talent than he does these days.

4. Little Mouse
    Mushroom

Grey Clay Dolls

1) create unstoppable army of millions of Macca dolls

2) imbue with life

3) unstick feet

4) Take over THE WORLD!!!!!!

We need to destroy them all - before it's too late.

5. BongoJoe
    Mushroom

This is excellent and just what I really need...

...for target practise.

6. Magnus Ramage

Handy Bendy Macca?

Reminds me of the wonderful (albeit extremely irreverent) sketch about the Handy Bendy Ghandi doll, from the early 80s series Three of a Kind (spoken, I think, by a very young-sounding Lenny Henry). It was absolutely the funniest thing in the world when I was 12. Nowadays you could 3D-print your own...

7. Dabooka
    Stop

Great, now I need to get a 3D printer

And an air rifle. And more MAP gas.

The only possible use I can think of for the fucktard is to create to destroy

8. Dave 126 Silver badge

Weird single

It sounds like a second rate David Bowie knock-off. Hell, Bungie should just have licensed Bowie's 'Heroes' for the game.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm, wonder what will happen if I stick pins in one...

10. joeW

What's with the dislike?

Did Paul call to all of your houses and take a shit on your cat or something?

1. BongoJoe

Re: What's with the dislike?

A lot of people disliked him for lots of reasons over the years.

I can think of a few.

1. Living on his reputation as a Beatle and dishing out second rate songs when he should have gone into silent retirement. The list of the offending works is too long to mention.

2. Being a man of the People and wanting to charge Liverpool an insane amount of money to play at one of their City of Culture gigs and then saying that he was proud to play for the city (which is an euphamism for a fat cheque).

3. Closing down all concession stalls at stadiums which had a right to be there on the ground they sold hamburgers and the like without offering compensation. Imposing his Veggie Fascist ideals onto others gets a downvote from me all the time. By all means be veggie but don't close down omnivoric outlets.

4. For just being generally crap and tiresome of late.

He was good as a Beatle but that was millions of years ago in another geological age. Now he's not.

Cue downvotes from mop-topped thumbs up gesticulants

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Agreed. I love the Beatles music - still fresh and relevant.

Post-Beatles he has been a disaster. He's not even a parody of himself, like Elton John has become.

2. Youngone Silver badge

Did Paul call to all of your houses and take a shit on your cat or something?

Yes, he did the bastard, and he was humming that awful "Ob Li Di Ob La Da" while he did it.

The cat still hasn't got over it.

1. Mark 85

Video please. That would probably go viral and net you a chunk of change on Youtube.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not working?

I tried to print out a matching Heather Mills figure but it always comes out incomplete. Am I missing something?

1. BongoJoe

Re: Not working?

Comments like that will leave you without a leg to stand on.

1. Swarthy

Re: Not working?

"I have nothing against your right leg; unfortunately, neither do you."

12. skeptical i
    Thumb Up

dashboard tat

I don't care if it rains or freezes, I had me my plastic Jesus

Sitting on the dashboard of my car.

'Til thief broke in and stole him smartly, now I got me Paul McCartney ....

13. Tromos

What do you mean...

...now available as a desktop ornament? Since when has he been anything else?

14. Andrew Richards

Why the hate?

Never mind writing any number of top Beatles tunes; never mind Wings ("the band the Beatles could have been" - Alan Partridge) the man wrote and played the bass on Rain by T'Beatles. A little respect.

As for coasting by on past glories? Even if true this is hardly uncommon. As much as I love their music *cough* Stone Roses *cough*. etc.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon