back to article LOHAN chap serves up 'tenner a week' e-cookbook

In response to reader demands following the recent release of his "Food For a Tenner a Week" cookbook, Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team member Neil Barnes is offering the same budget nosh tome in ePub format for a mere £2.99. Matt with Neil's cookbook As with the hard copy (seen above getting the once-over …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

£10 a week?

That'll be GaaS!

(Grub as a service)

2. Vulch

Just a warning, there's VAT to be added to the £2.99 so £3.59 total for UKians...

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

VAT

Indeed - thanks for flagging that up.

3. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Bugger...

Sorry about that, folks. I forgot about it. Bloody VAT law that thinks it's the medium that matters and not the content, and then manages to charge for a medium that barely exists.

Unfortunately it's out of my control, but thanks for flagging it up.

4. vagabondo
    Thumb Up

Recommended ...

... reading for teenagers being left or sent off to fend for themselves. Excellent advice in this epub. Maybe a second edition with a few pictures would be good.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't imagine using an ebook in the kitchen, given what a sloppy cook I am. Please ship a crate of these to Amazon in the American colonies (maybe the Canadian and Australian ones as well).

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

You should be able to get them from Lulu in the States - it's a US company and I'm sure they print over there.

The way the finances work is that if I allow Amazon and the other bookstores to sell it, they will take half the cover price, then Lulu will get their bit, and then Malaria No More will get what's left - which will be negative, at this price.

There are no photos largely because they'd double the size, and therefore the cost, of the book.

2. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
      Joke

Given the sad, sad pics that accompanied the coverage of last years' challenges here, I can't fathom *why* would anyone want images included in the book!

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Sad pics? How dare you sir? "Striking images of inventive budget cuisine" is how we'd describe them.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Sloppy Cooking

I am getting the cheapest e-book reader I can find that has buttons rather than a touch screen and a mount to hold it to a counter. One bit of plastic wrap for protection and I'm done. I started buying most of my cookbooks as e-books a while back and printing what I needed to, but I think this will work better in the long run.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon