back to article Rocket Kittens target defence and IT bods from Europe & Israel

A seemingly state-sponsored hacking crew has compromised systems in several organisations in Israel and Europe, according to new research by Trend Micro. The so-called Rocket Kitten group has targeted defence and IT industries, government entities and academic institutions. Victims include civilian and academic organisations …

1. IT Hack

Quick!

Someone call th3j35t3r!

Oh wait!

Shit.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Operation Woollen-GoldFish"

I think Rocket Kitten has hacked the Pentagon's system for naming military operations!! (And yes, the Pentagon actually does have a computer system that names military operations.)

1. IT Hack

Re: "Operation Woollen-GoldFish"

Is it called WOPR?

3. Frankly Francis

The State of Israel needs every bit of humility it can get

Chip away at that corrupted ego my good sirs!

4. The Vociferous Time Waster

Almost word for word

do you guys at EL Reg wear out your CTRL, C and V keys quickly?

1. James O'Shea

Re: Almost word for word

Given that the pic appears to be of two MacBook Pros, they're saving up to buy a nice new iPad_with_Keyboard... ah,, that is, 'MacBook'.

Yes, they actually exposed an innocent (yeah, right) kitten to Apple kit. The fiends. Have they no shame, no shame at all?

5. Mark 85
    Facepalm

Internet...cats...kittens...

I guess the Internet is truly about cats. Not just vids and pics though. Recently we had the "Exploding Kittiens" and now the "Rocket Kittens". What's next...? (Although given the nature of these forums, I'm not sure I want to know....)

1. James O'Shea

Re: Internet...cats...kittens...

You need to visit Weapon Brown and have a look at the pages featuring Garfield, Bill the Cat, and assorted other felines. You really do. http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/weaponbrown/ This should link you to Chuck when he's playing with Garfield. http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/weaponbrown/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gallery_11.jpg

I like good ol' Chuck Brown's attitude. I really do. Of course, there are some misguided souls who say that I have a bad attitude. I can't imagine why this would be so.

6. Florida1920
    Unhappy

Feeling down

Imagine the despair of those who never receive phishing emails. You read about them all the time, but you never get one. Almost makes you want to delete some of your SpamAssassin filters. One got through to one of my accounts this morning, complete with obligatory attached Zip file. "The photos you requested," from a company that sells commercial refrigerators and stuff. Yeah, okay, when I was younger.... but never with appliances FFS. Still, I was so thrilled I almost clicked on it, just to experience the pain. Life behind a nailed-down mail server is so boring.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like