back to article What else has Kaminario got under its kimono?

Last week I attended Storage Field Day 7. One of the companies I met at the event was Kaminario, producer of an all-flash array (AFA). This start-up has a potentially good product, with its own pros and cons, but the question here is: Is “good” still enough to have a serious chance of success in this market segment? A few …

1. The Nazz

Strewth.

I only looked at this article because i thought it was a genuine mountain with something exciting or unique within it.

Not expecting a villains lair or anything but an exotic wodge of minerals wouldn't have gone amiss.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Burn that cash, baby

"in Italy, Pure Storage launched its subsidiary a few weeks ago with 3 people on staff and there is talk already about hiring more to get at the market faster"

No wonder they have had so many investment rounds.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Objective? Doesn't seem so.

Hard to understand why, when watching the recorded videos...why the author does not recognize true technical differentiation around scalability and MD management...one can argue late to the party or not...fair enough ...but suggesting there's nothing technically special to the solution they talked about makes me question the objectivity of the author. The differentiation is there. Will it make a difference in company traction and customer adoption?...also a fair question ...which the author does answer properly at the end. Time will tell.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon