back to article Never escape the boss again: Salesforce tracks down your best people any time, any place

Salesforce is adding new "intelligent" software to its CRM system that hunts down the right sales or support staffer for a particular task no matter where they are. "The Service Cloud Intelligence Engine harnesses the power of data science to improve workflows, business processes and deliver seamless customer service across …

1. seacook
    Facepalm

IVR Hell

I can just imagine the IVR system on top of the CRM system for this:

Step 37: "Please confirm your original requirement from one of the following 9 selections."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Even better for lazy people

After a day of not answering the phone or accepting video calls, the system, hopefully, will send you no more calls. You'll just have to change your id to 'all agents busy' so that getting '0' calls is perfect.

Also, " so that is a particular support staff is " should be "so that if...". I bet if you incorporated a wiki-style editing system, changes would be easier to flag and correct.

3. Bbbbit

Possible problem....

Or are a handful of the better staff going to get absolutely inundated with calls whilst the slow, rude staff get routed nothing? I'm sure it will work fine; it's got data and science and algorithms and stuff but thought I'd stand up for crap staff rights.

1. trapper

Re: Possible problem....

Revealing age here - has anyone heard of the "Peter Principle?" A corollary states that work flows to a competent person until he is overwhelmed and becomes incompetent. See: "The software, due out later this year, routes sales and support work to the agent best capable of handling the job, for example routing certain high-value customers or those with specific technical needs to the right staff."

This will make the "... agent best capable" eligible for promotion to management and a continuing, lasting career of frenzied incompetence until taking early retirement for health reasons and to raise vicunas in a delightfully rural cow pasture. Whee!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Oh,the possibilities...

Salesforce admins can exact revenge on their more annoying co-workers by routing customer inquiries to them at all hours of tbe night, or make them tbe contact of record for your mode hopeless and needy customers.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh darn,

The person you really need to talk to isn't in this system because your company didn't deem them worthy of a license fee. Not that they have time for this shit, anyway...

6. Zog_but_not_the_first
    Childcatcher

In the name of humanity

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

7. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

No Problem

When I don't want to be contacted I'm somewhere there is no phone service (or any other tech).

8. Pete 2 Silver badge

An interesting proposition

> the intelligence will be added on as a paid-for upgrade

Please can we (the callers) have this, too?

Most of the time calling the "support" desk is a screening process to weed out those callers who aren't absolutely desperate to get help, assistance or support. The trial-by-patience means that while you are on hold you will either be flipping through the (badly worded, inaccurate and out-of-date) instruction manual, or searching out solutions on the web, or scanning through Amazon for an alternative product that will have different and hopefully not show-stopping faults. If you succeed in finding a fix of your own, then you ring-off before you get connected to the (non-flying) drone who's only suggestion, after taking all your personal details for the Nth time. is to "turn it off and on again".

If only there was a way of getting through to the "right sales or support staffer for a particular task no matter where they are". Something along the lines of "Press 1 if you're an idiot. Press 2 if you've already turned it off and on again. Press 3 if you think there's a race condition in the interrupt routine. Press 4 if you're prepared to pay £10 to get in front of the other 23 people in the queue and talk to our 1 single qualified techy RIGHT NOW".

9. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Pirate

I want to see bleeding eyes and noses in this room

Workload management softer refines these data flows

There is nothing more satisfying than softening up the salespeople in the early morning through workflow management. It's like being on the business end of a rolling 155mm howitzer barrage. And then the M1A1s come.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I want to see bleeding eyes and noses in this room

Sorry, not feeling sorry for sales people, they have shoved this shit onto the call centre driods for years,....payback time!

10. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Excuse me...

Workload management softer refines these data flows, so that is a particular support staff is on a video call they get privacy

Is that in English?

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Excuse me...

Well, you really have to ask yourself: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like