back to article Win! El Reg exceedingly fine mug collection

OK Muggles, we are promoting Cash 'n' Carrion, The Register's merchandise store, this time with a mugtastic prize draw. To be in with a chance to win, you will need to sign in (or create) a Reg account. Sign up for this competition here. Two readers will win the following - worth £55.94 a set: 2x Classic Reg Mug 2x Reg …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yorkshire Tea is for Mugs.

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

What is grey tea?

I've heard of black, white and green. Is grey what you get when sweeping the leftovers off the tea warehous floor? Or a mix of black and white? Or the blend preferred by smallish aliens who like to stick probes up rural people's bottoms?

2. graeme leggett Silver badge

I'd rather have PG - it's the taste.

3. M W

Nah Give me

http://goo.gl/dP9hHF

anytime ;) oh wait hang on how much????

4. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    WTF?

Ummm

Can't seem to find any information about the contest without first handing over quite a bit of detailed information.

1. Corinne
      Unhappy

Re: Ummm

Same - why on earth is my current employer a MANDATORY question??? This is the second ElReg competition I've not entered recently due to the IMO unnecessary and intrusive questions I need to answer to enter.

1. Little Mouse
        Black Helicopters

I've never won anything in these competitions - I think El Reg must make them up.

And they make up all these comments too.

1. Steven Raith

No we don't.

OH SH-

2. chivo243 Silver badge
          Boffin

Well, not entirely incorrect. El Reg makes up some of the comments, and also some of the trollish replies, and probably a few down votes. Flames equal traffic etc.

As far as contests, I never see there is a winner. The date passes, and no announcement. Are the winners too embarrassed to admit to winning a contest from El Reg and names aren't published?

1. Captain DaFt

"As far as contests, I never see there is a winner. The date passes, and no announcement."

Could be, no one is entering them.

2. User McUser
        Angel

why on earth is my current employer a MANDATORY question?

Did it not occur to you to just lie?

1. InfiniteApathy
          Angel

Lying? On the INTERNET? Why I never...

It's appalling! I would never lie online, as I was saying to David Beckham and Lord Haw Haw the other day...

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

So, you really are Spartacus, then?

3. Gavin King
        Happy

I tend to pretend to be self employed and repeat my name in the appropriate box. Power to you for your scruplous honesty though.

In any case, the more people that don't enter, the greater my chances of winning.

5. Mystic Megabyte
    Megaphone

FTW

Mc.Vities are a rip-off! Get their exact equivalent from Lidls for a third of the price. The Gingernuts are especially good.

1. The Crow From Below

Re: FTW

GERMAN Lidl biscuits for my ENGLISH TEA...yer aving a laugh aint ya!!! Next you'll be telling me to start using FRENCH mustard on my ham sandwich or ITALIAN Sausage in my missues, you're sick you are.....SICK.

1. Timbo

ITALIAN Sausage in my missues

I mis-read that as being "ITALIAN sausage in my MISSUS" !!!

and thinking to myself that I'm sure she'd be very pleased about her sex-ploits being aired on here !!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Headmaster

That would be tea from India or China would it??

6. Ashton Black

Yorkshire Tea is fine, but...

It has to be the hard water version, to get the strength correct (along with warming the mug with a little hot water first).

Re: Yorkshire Tea is fine, but...

No, no, no, no! You don't warm the mug. You warm the teapot! Then you make tea in the teapot, and then pour it into the mug. That way there's the all-important second cup of tea waiting for you, when you've finished number one.

I'd also suggest using loose leaf tea, but I don't want to risk sounding like the Tealiban.

I prefer the teapot so I can have 2 cups. But it really comes into its own when you've got a few people over, as it's stilly to be trying to make 5 or 6 cups at once in individual mugs.

2. Locky

We don't have ard wata up here. Be away with ya...

Devil

That's right. You great Northern softies.

Daarn Saaarf, even the water's 'ard.

7. Nash

Are the Mugs...

Red, white or blue? perhaps we should ask the internet.......

8. John Stoffel

Can I get Tetley British blend instead?

I love Tetley's british blend... can I get that instead? LOL

The rest looks awesome, maybe I'll even win something some day.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Black, White or Green???

What happened to Red????

Yorkshire tea USED to be my favourite tipple before I discovered red tea.

PS, I think the megaphone should be replaced by a Brian Blessed icon!

Re: Black, White or Green???

Isn't the red stuff not actually tea, but from a completely different plant? I am no expert. I keep meaning to try some, and see what it's like. I've been on a tea experimenting binge for the last year, I've decided I like darjeeling, and the occasional earl grey. I've even decided I quite enjoy a fruit tea. I've got some proper fruit tea from Tea Palace, which is ordinary black tea with pieces of dried fruit in it, which is lovely, as well as some of the usual not-actually-tea stuff.

1. Oz

Re: Black, White or Green???

Indeed - it's Rooibos, made from an entirely different plant. These guys do a variety of mixes, if case you want to confuse the hell out of your tastebuds!

http://www.davidstea.com/rooibos-en

10. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I guess I'll have to check my email for the first time this year.

11. Byron Langslow
    Thumb Up

I clicked enter now

it came back with Thank you!

You are now enrolled into the prize draw.

Good luck!

But if you can't wait; check out Cash'n'Carrion now for all your El Reg merchandising needs...

But i already had an existing account :D

12. Dave559 Silver badge
    Coat

Sub-head

Methinks you missed a trick, surely the sub-heading for this article should have been:

"Big Trouble in Little China"

(..which is what you'd have to expect if you suddenly found a BOFH mug had mysteriously appeared on your desk, in a horse's-head sort of way..)

This topic is closed for new posts.