back to article Say cheese! Europe's antitrust chief has Google boss in her sights – reports

If reports are to be believed, Google big boy Eric Schmidt is to meet Europe's new competition chief for the first time soon, in an effort to sort out the long-running court case against the Chocolate Factory and avoid a possibly substantial fine. Reuters has quoted "sources" saying the antitrust boss would meet with Schmidt …

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Random application of guns & badges to fix problems we think might possibly exist

I think there is some kind of problem these people are supposed to solve here? Can anyone recall what the problem is?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Random application of guns & badges to fix problems we think might possibly exist

So what's your advice.... Do nothing? Just like the do little Congress...

2. Ian Easson

Why is Google being given preferential treatment?

After all, both Intel and Microsoft had to pay Billions of dollars to resolve their anti-trust behaviour with Europe.

1. RyokuMas
      Stop

Re: Why is Google being given preferential treatment?

Because Microsoft and Intel didn't have the power to effectively wipe out your export business.

(And for the record, please note the phrase "have the power to" before downvoting - although I'm willing to bet some muppet will get on my case about how there's no proof that Google manipulate search rankings...)

3. Joe Greer

Idiot Squad....

and Microsoft tells the UK prices are going up 29% this year and 43% if you want on prem with no MS Cloud services... Hmmmm

4. Ian Michael Gumby

You can't break up google.

All of their internet properties are linked together.

Anyway you split it... Google's properties would fail on their own.

YouTube doesn't make money, but it does help gain data on those who link and those who view videos on YouTube or on sites that link to YouTube.

Search can't be pulled from ads. Its a bit more complicated.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like