back to article Zeus scumbag infects itself, buddies, with rival Trojan

A Zeus hacker cabal has infected itself and its colleagues with a rival malware in an act of poetic justice noticed by RSA researcher Lior Ben-Porat. The blackhat developed a custom Zeus panel for the infamous trojan by the same name which was found compromised Ramnit worm. Ben-Porat says the malware muck up happened after …

1. Mr C
    Facepalm

talk about awkward

I can only imagine that awkward knuckle-biting moment when this hacker walks into Friday nights hacker-get-together hobby-club, knowing that everyone else knows, and other hackers just stop talking for a moment, when the room goes dead-silent and the famous 'he's the one'-nod going round while other hackers just size him up and he just *knows* things will never be the same again...

awkward..

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: talk about awkward

It will just be another plastic bag leaving the premises.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

MUAH!

It is amazing this kind of RNA exchange happens on systems several orders of magnitude simpler than actual biological systems.

Bodes well for the time when people will be able to buy genetic sequencers at Wal-Mart, promoted by (whatever will be the future version of) George Clooney.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can't say I'm surprised

A lot of blackhats turn out to be kids who while intellectually very bright in a narrow sphere tend to be naive and lack common sense. Add that to the typical arrogance of the young with the it-wont-happen-to-me-cos-Im-too-smart thought pattern and its hardly a shock they get caught out.

4. Roger Kynaston

OT but ...

... I like the cover photo.

1. Youngone Silver badge

Re: OT but ...

I like the cover photo too. I'm a bit unsure what an Australian Rules Footballer getting hit on the nose with the ball has got to do with the article though.

Can't decide if it's a West Coast Eagles Player, or a Brisbane Lions player also.

1. MrDamage Silver badge

Re: OT but ...

Brisbane Lions' Michael Voss.

The particular maneuvoure whereby one catches the ball with their face, is commonly called "a falcon".

5. Christopher Lane
    Joke

One day..

...the mutant beast of two malware editions will become sentient...SkyNet here we come...

6. Bitbeisser
    Thumb Up

"Payback is a bitch!"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like