back to article Facebook meets Belgian minister: PLEASE, sir, NOT THE PROBE

Facebook is talking to Belgian authorities in an effort to avoid a Dutch-style investigation into its privacy policy. Representatives of the social network met with the Belgian privacy minister, Bart Tommelein, on Wednesday afternoon in an attempt to persuade him that Facebook’s new privacy policy is not in breach of the …

1. Zog_but_not_the_first
    Happy

Plucky little Belgium

For Belgium put the kibosh on the Kaiser Zuckerberg;

Europe took the stick and made him sore;

We shall shout with victory's joy,

Hold your hand out, naughty boy,

You must never play at soldiers mendacious creepy snooping any more.

2. Richard Jones 1
    WTF?

Painful Probing

I thought that painful probing was Facebook's raison d'etre.

3. Khaptain Silver badge
    Coat

Complete ban during the <strike>trial</strike> discussions

If they banned Facebook maybe people could get back to living meaningful lives.... On second thoughts did they ever truly have meaningful lives ?

Nihilistic existential thought for the day : does anyone have a meaningful life ? does life have a meaning ? what is life ?

Bloody Belgians should be banned from the earth for making me think like that on a Monday. Send them back from whence they came ( and send El Zuk with them).

1. Evil Auditor Silver badge
      Trollface

Re send them back from whence they came

I think they came from Britain, before Australia was invented. (Being blissfully ignorant of any historical facts)

Seriously, they can't be banned because they are to us what Elbonia is to Scott Adams.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I use it and as I married into an extended family of about 40 people who like to get together every few months, it's useful for us to keep up with each other and plan meet ups but I am constantly aware that FB is a data mining factory with the pretence that it's a social hub. It's not some great contribution to humanity that some would have you believe, it's a advertising revenue generating data farm and nothing more. Keep that in mind and you can dance with the devil!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like