back to article HP's great – I prefer it on bacon rather than my printer, though

What do you do when you find out someone's been shipping PCs with a series of critical flaws baked into the software on them? You blame Microsoft, of course, even though they were completely unrelated to anything that happened. Bronze-badged Reg reader Buzzword did just this after reading about Lenovo's Superfish scumware, …

1. cd

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I warmly invite you to get links working a nano-second or two before any announcement such as this. Basics, my lad, basics.

A patch that breaks Powerpoint? What's wrong with that?

I don't understand all the hateful comments about HP? I have to confess, I don't understand the ins and outs of the proposed split, but I LOVE HP. It's easily the best sauce on a bacon sandwich.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Other Broon Sausces are available

My preference is for Daddies

That's probaby because I won't allow anything with the letters HP into my home.

After a Printer driver update totally borked the whole printing subsystem HP has been put on the naughty step forever.

1. Terry 6 Silver badge

Re: Other Broon Sausces are available

"I won't allow anything with the letters HP into my home."

Yes!

Stupidly, I bought an HP mouse, last week. In fairness it was the only one I could find that had a smoothly scrolling wheel. (I hate the clicky ones). Taken back within 24hrs.

I'd vowed I'd never buy HP again after I had one of their printers years ago.

And yes, driver installs.

With the printer it was that an update wouldn't install. Even though the existing one had been uninstalled,. Because there was a file left behind by the previous driver that couldn't be removed, not by the installer even after running through their full range of uninstall stages. Not manually. Not even by ignoring it, even though the file left behind was the same f****ing version as the "new" one being added. Nothing.

2. Dave Lawton
        IT Angle

Re: Other Broon Sausces are available

@ Anonymous Coward

Unfortunately for you, Daddies is now one of HP's brands :(

So if you want to be HP free, then Branston, Hammonds, or Heinz should be your choice.

2. Bleu

HP?

I suppose that is OK with a bacon sandwich, we have Lea and Perrins and a few types of Ooster.

The really essential thing is a little hot mustard.

Ketchup? I cannot believe it, even hand-made tomato sauce doesn't work too well with bacon.

Does our Reg. scribe put tomato ketchup on everything savoury?

Eurgh.

1. Alister

Re: HP?

even hand-made tomato sauce doesn't work too well with bacon.

Oh come on, bacon and tomato is one of those combinations that are set in stone, like lamb and mint sauce and beef and horseradish, they just work.

2. ecofeco Silver badge

HP?

I'm a Heinz 57 person myself.

Same with PCs. As for printers, what's on sale this week for less than $50?

DO NOT get me started about marketing departments. They really DO need to be on the same spaceship as the hairstylists and SEO consultants.

3. Florida1920
    Pint

Not that this is relevant

But it's Sunday afternoon and I'm bored. One of the most-interesting dining experiences of my life was sitting down to a plate of paella in a back-street restaurant in Madrid, and spying a bottle of American Tabasco sauce on the table. I've had HP sauce too, in the UK and the Bahamas. Good stuff. Your beers and ales are pretty good as well. But I'd rather live in Paris if I could afford it, for esthetic reasons.

Just remember, though, it wasn't your culinary and brewing expertise that let you rule the planet for so long. It was only because you had flags.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon