back to article Former Mrs Dotcom hooks up with Xbox 'toyboy'

Here's one to file under #couldnthappentoanicerbloke: Kim Dotcom's former bride appears to have taken up with a younger, slimmer man. News that Dotcom now has relationship troubles to place alongside his legal, financial and political travails comes to us from New Zealand's Woman's Day, which this week brings us the news that …

1. Mark 85
    Devil

WTF?

I had to scroll up twice to make sure I wasn't at the National Enquirer site... Anyway...not sure if gloating is proper or just a mild chuckle.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: WTF?

el reg has a well known anti-dotcom bias

1. Gordon 10

Eh? What you see as bias I see as fulfilling it's mandate to mock anything IT related. Looked at the masthead AC?

2. Alan Brown Silver badge

The thing about Dotcom is that the only thing that makes him positive is the entire illegal activities the NZ police pulled to try and "get" him.

If they do this when going after a dodgy type you can be assured they'll happily do it for everyone else, as http://laudafinem.com/ keeps reminding people.

2. Simon Sharwood, Reg APAC Editor (Written by Reg staff)

WTF? It's very unusual for a figure from the tech world to make the pages of a goss magazine. I thought it might be fun to bring that to readers' attention, in the slot (0700 GMT) we use for slightly siller stories.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It's not about the story content, it's about the line "Here's one to file under #couldnthappentoanicerbloke"

No other line in the article passes judgment on Dotcom, but that is a sarcastic jab right at the opening of the story.

2. Annihilator
    Joke

"So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

Do we need to amend this to "so, what first made you realise you no longer loved steadily-heading-to-bankruptcy/jail Kim Dotcom?"

3. fearnothing

How can a broke person offer a $5m bounty?

1. Ole Juul

How can a broke person offer a $5m bounty?

He's probably just MEGA broke.

2. veti Silver badge

K.C didn't get where he is today by paying money just because he'd promised to do it...

4. Mystic Megabyte
    Facepalm

Doubly miffed

Didn't he put all of his assets into his wife's name?

5. SolidSquid

Frankly I'm not surprised she left him. Even putting aside what their personal life might have been like, the amount of strain the trail would have put on her just by association would have been pretty horrendous

1. Lionel Baden
      Pirate

goign to agree with you

Hot model settles for pudgy RICH bloke.

Pudgy looses money, is just pudgy. hot model wife leaves.

Why am i not surprised ?

1. Mark 85

Re: goign to agree with you

There's a bit of maybe karma (not sure if that's the right word, but it is the right concept, I think). Didn't he pay off some script kiddies so he could play his video game recently? And she leaves him for someone he hired to play games with her kids. Who needs fiction? It can't top the real world for bizarre.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Being a kiwi living in Auckland, I take offence that someone would sell out to a rag mag for the sake of a few dollars.

Regardless of the individuals, it really just shows a lack on integrity.

Both parties deserve better regardless of my personal beliefs. I just hope the NSA don't infiltrate my mailbox!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

We're highly offended

We would never. Scouts honor.

Signed,

NSA/CSS

P.S. Just because we aren't (probably) doesn't mean that the GCSB isn't.

P.P.S. Go All Blacks!

7. Matthew Taylor

Dotcom is a bit of a bellend, but I can't help but rather enjoy his antics, and it's a sad thing to be abandoned by someone you love. Chin(s) up Kim, you'll get over her.

1. phuzz Silver badge
      IT Angle

Even worse when your ex getting a new partner is international news.

Come on elReg, feel free to take the piss out of him for tech related problems, but leave nonsense like this for the gossip mags please.

2. veti Silver badge

Dotcom is a troll, in the finest traditions of creative trolling. Yes he's entertaining, in the same way as it's entertaining to watch someone hypnotised into making a complete tit of themself in front of an audience. No matter how much I laugh, I can't shake a sense of shame for doing so.

8. Shady

Dating profile

Short walks on the beach.

XBox

Piracy

Pizza

Dislikes:

Orange boilersuits

Feds

Rations

9. Donkey Molestor X

less news about who's porkin' who and more news about IT. plz and thx.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If he's "officially broke"

How's he going to pay the $5 million bounty?

11. Youngone Silver badge

Model?

I suppose it depends on your definition, but as far as I was aware, he met her working in a Manila strip club.

12. wayward4now

Something is dodgy here

Kim hires the then 17 year old bloke to play video games with the kids. And he managed to keep his hands off of Mona until he was 18? I wonder what the age of consent is there in merry NZ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like