back to article Samsung, LG wash dirty laundry in two separate court cases

LG Electronics' home appliances top brass Jo Seong-jin has been indicted for allegedly sabotaging four of Samsung Electronics' high-end washing machines at a trade show last year. LG said on Sunday Jo and two others had been indicted by South Korean prosecutors for the alleged sabotage in Berlin last September. Separately, on …

1. Warm Braw

This must explain...

... why Samsung's TVs allegedly record what's going on around them - it's self-defence.

1. Little Mouse
      Black Helicopters

Re: This must explain...

Oh God - that's a nasty thought. Washing machines that report the state of your dirty laundry back to base.

1. MassiveBob

Also a fridge that reports what you're planning on eating and a toilet that reports what your body didn't need after eating?

1. Johndoe888

"Like the fact that the fabulously beautiful planet, Bethsellamin, is now so worried about the cumulative erosion caused by ten million visiting tourists a year, that any net imbalance between the amount you eat and the amount you excrete whilst on the planet, is surgically removed from your bodyweight when you leave. So every time you go to the lavatory there, it's vitally important to get a receipt."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

New LG tag line...

Looming Gaol

3. theblackhand

If only Apple vs Samsung was as entertaining.

Am I the only one who thinks resorting to physical violence is a (significant) step up from patent disputes where lawyers get rich and the cases appear to hinge upon arguing points that seem to ignore where a patent is actually valid or not?

i.e.

Apple: Knock knock

Samsung: Who's there?

Apple: Goons

Samsung: Goons who?

Apple: Hired goons.... (followed by the sound of a door being smashed and various electronic products being smashed)

Much more entertaining than having lawyers argue about whether some such design thingy is unique and it results in less money going to lawyers.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: If only Apple vs Samsung was as entertaining.

Why bring Apple into it? it's pretty obvious South Koreans firms like to copy stuff.

Look at the rear of a Hyundai accent, could do a more blatent rip off of a BMW 1 series?

1. theblackhand

Sigh.... I'm sorry I said bad things about your favourite toy and I won't say bad things about them again....

2. Toltec

@ theblackhand - I saw what you did there...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

The laundry game

Its a dirty business....

I'll get my coat.

5. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Happy

sounds like the basis

for a re-imagining of "Whacky Races". 21st century stylee

6. Mystic Megabyte
    Joke

Lawyers

What's their spin rate?

7. Bucky 2
    Joke

Common in the East

I base that on the fact that this sort of thing used to happen on Speed Racer all the time.

8. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Have Sammy thought this through?

Do you want a stream of LG execs & expert witnesses parading through the witness box to tell everyone who'll listen that you're using sub-standard hinges?

That's the obvious line of defence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like