back to article Israeli gov & boffins targeted by pr0ntastic malware from Gaza

Hackers from Gaza and Egypt appear to have teamed up in order to attack Israeli government, research, infrastructure and military networks. Security researchers at Trend Micro have traced ongoing malware-based attacks against Israeli organisations back to Gaza. Trend have uncovered two separate, but interconnected campaigns. …

1. Chris Gray 1
    FAIL

Attacks Egypt?

So Advtravel, from Egypt, hit mostly laptops in Egypt? Or is that a typo?

if not, then good targetting, that!

1. Arnold Lieberman

Re: Attacks Egypt?

You do realise not all Egyptians are the same?

Random Google hit: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/06/egypt-cairo-morsi-yom-kippur

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Holmes

Denial still rampant.

"......there “may be an overarching organisation or underground community that helps support Arab hackers fight back against perceived enemies of Islam”....." COUGH* Muslim Brotherhood *COUGH

3. Crazy Operations Guy

I wonder how long

I wonder how long it will be before these militants realize we don't give half a shit about what religion they follow; that the only reason we are angry at them is the fact that they keep oppressing / killing innocents...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder how long

I wonder how long it will be before these militants people with weapons organised into groups realize we don't give half a shit about what religion religious or political set of ideas they claim to follow; that the only reason we are angry at them is the fact that they keep oppressing / killing innocents...

ftfy

1. Palpy

Re: Re: I wonder how long

Yes. Among the Dani people of Papua each death suffered in battle required an avenging death among the enemy, which then required the enemy to inflict an avenging death, and so on ad infinitum. A mechanism for propagating war without end.

It's quite a simple system, really, and functions seamlessly in the current Mideast-vs-West battle of bombs and atrocities. Our reptilian overlords are pleased.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I wonder how long

I just cannot fathom how ridiculous it is to blame religion for Gazas struggle. It seriously boggles the mind that you think Islam is the reason these people are fighting over there. Its rather patehtic actually.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon