back to article Dutch government websites KO'd by 10-hour DDoS

The Netherlands government’s websites were taken offline for around 10 hours on Wednesday following a DDoS attack. The motive for the sustained packet-flinging assault – directed against the Dutch government website's hosting provider, Prolocation – remains unclear. A brief statement (Google translation here) by the Dutch …

1. Buzzword

Photo library

Seriously, where are you getting these stock photos? They're awful!

1. Khaptain Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Photo library

They all look a little bit high... coincidence ?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I've been enjoying them, they have a certain pithy charm.

3. chivo243 Silver badge
      Unhappy

I thought the same thing. I live in the west of The Netherlands, and have only seen one person actually wear "klompen", he was an old codger working in the rain.

Might as well as get a photo of the boy who stuck his finger in the dike, or Hans Brinker... or better yet lose the damn photo as big as life at the top of each story. If I'm lucky enough, I can scroll down before the photo loads. Lucky me

4. Sanctimonious Prick
      Megaphone

Yeah. I think the same in this regard. And with my very limited data allowance, I'm almost tempted to add 127.0.0.1 regmedia.co.uk to my hosts file, though I'd rather not...

Oh, and in regard to the article's content - REDUNDANCY!!

edit - [as mentioned below]

2. Google

Kudos to the Dutch MP's having the guts to ask the question on all our minds:

Why couldn't functionality be restored using a backup?*

</sarcasm>

*source: http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/latest-security-news/ddos-attack-brings-down-dutch-national-government-websites/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tripwire-state-of-security+%28The+State+of+Security+%7C+Tripwire%2C+Inc.%29

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Dutch MPs are not exactly known for their high inteligence...

1. sabroni Silver badge
        Happy

If I know something, and you don't, then you must be stupid!

1. sgp

Speaking before thinking is generally considered to be quite stupid. Often quite typical for the Dutch.

2. chivo243 Silver badge
        Pint

Not high and can spell intelligence in English or Nederlands. Most seem to be ultra sober. That may be the key here. I've been drinking, and you haven't?

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Dutch MPs are not exactly known for their high inteligence..."

Look - M{r|s} Idiot: If you are going to take the piss out of an entire country, please spell "intelligence" correctly.

1. imanidiot Silver badge

English is not my first language (I'm Dutch), it was late, and I didn't bother spellchecking (work PCs don't have spellchecking installed). So I got it slightly wrong. Doesn't change what I'm saying and you surely understand perfectly what I meant. So kindly get your knickers untwisted/panties unbunched.

Also, I'll be damned if I can't take the piss out of my own country or it's idiotic politicians thank you very much.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
            Joke

"Dutch MPs are not exactly known for their high inteligence..."

First of all, let me correct that for you : "Dutch MPs are not exactly known..."

Second, congratulations on having the same kind of MPs as everybody else.

3. asdf

DDoS = 5yo pissing the bed

Hmm any religious figure cartoons published in the Low Countries in the last few days?

4. Winkypop Silver badge
    Joke

I am very disappointed in this story

I expected a lovely big picture of a windmill.

1. Stoneshop

Re: I am very disappointed in this story

Here you are: http://www.gelderlander.nl/polopoly_fs/1.4271137.1417726441!/image/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/landscape_800_600/image-4271137.JPG

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like