back to article Kanye West: Yo, DNS... Imma let you finish, but this gTLD is one of the best of all time

Fresh from insulting award-winner Beck in favour of Beyoncé at the Grammys, walking headline Kanye West has got the internets a-quiver with a series of tweets highlighting a new website that will sell shoes. And by series, we mean no less than six tweets all featuring an unnecessary long countdown clock. Here's one: vacuum …

1. Neoc

I don't follow

Countdown show - "00:00:02:19:11:21:01"

El Reg - "Yeezy.supply will open in two days..."

I read the above as 2 months, 19 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes, 1 second. Did this idiot post a countdown featuring 100th of a second? Or is it a ridiculous way of saying "February 19th, 21 minutes past 11 in the morning"?

<update> Just checked the website and yes, it is a ridiculous 100th-of-a-second countdown.

1. Allan George Dyer
      Devil

Re: I don't follow

I'm going to be VERY annoyed if I get there 9 milliseconds early!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@ Allan George Dyer; Late, early or on time, I'm going to be very annoyed if I end up anywhere near anything to do with that tedious attention-whoring narcissist, overpriced shoes or otherwise.

Just spotted another story on the BBC site about him, apparently saying Beck didn't deserve his award or something (haven't read it yet), but suspect it's "Imma let you finish 2.0". How anyone can take him seriously is beyond me.

2. Annihilator

"I read the above as 2 months, 19 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes, 1 second"

At very first read, I mistook it for an IPv6 address and thought it was of sign of us making actual progress in the future of the Internet. Then I realised it was related to a next-to-useless (except for the snake oil salesmen) gTLD that no-one cares about.

3. sisk

Did this idiot post a countdown featuring 100th of a second? Or is it a ridiculous way of saying "February 19th, 21 minutes past 11 in the morning"?

You say that as if there's anything too ridiculous for Kanye West.

4. Oninoshiko

More interestingly is that he including years in his countdown timer. really? it's been counting down for long enough that he needed it for years in advance?

2. P. Lee
    Boffin

Shoes?

I would have thought he's selling photocopiers, or perhaps photocopies of shoes?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I would have thought he's selling photocopiers"

That's precisely what his job would have been if music didn't suck so much. Everyone-stand-or-I-won't-sing-Kanye considers himself a God on a par with any musical legend. In a word--- Tearful!!...

1. P. Lee
        Unhappy

Re: "I would have thought he's selling photocopiers"

Well, I was going for a tech joke regarding 00:00:02 (Xerox) but I guess I failed with that!

Young'uns these days, its all php and javascript!

3. Captain DaFt

Yeah, right.

"That someone as mainstream as Kanye West has simply purchased and launched on a new gTLD in one of the most significant indicators yet that the hundreds of new extensions will soon become just a part of the broader internet eco-system. "

Or... That he has the money to waste on vanity gTLDs that most of the world ignores.

4. mANgLEr

Yeezy Squeezey Peaze!

As above. Okay I'm going.

1. AbelSoul

Re: Yeezy Squeezey Peaze!

You like Yeez?

You like Peaze?

Then you'll *love* these!

1. Irongut

Re: Yeezy Squeezey Peaze!

Now in Streezberry flavour!

5. thomas k.

I think ...

Beyonce deserves that gTLD more than he does.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Re: I think ...

What, shayne.laik.ah.daimahnd?

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think I will just hold onto my .net s

The hipsters will be clamouring for those domains. You mark my words...

8. Tom 7

.arsehole

.thatisall

9. Alistair
    Mushroom

Kanye needs to start walking west.

And stop when he meets the geological formation with a band name. And preferably *stay* there.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wonder if Kanye would be interested in buying some humility from my new web site...

www.dontbesuchafuckhead.net......?

11. Donkey Molestor X

In this thread, we have the lily-white commentards of El Reg foaming at the mouth at the antics of the "uppity" "negro".

Don't worry boys, Kanye's not going to lynch you like your people lynched his people.

Kanye can disrupt a hundred fucking Grammy's for all I care. Whites keep stealing black people's music, making insipid versions of it, and then falling all over themselves to award each other awards for the most insipid, unoriginal knockoffs of it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Wow. Racist much?

1. Donkey Molestor X

> Wow. Racist much?

Yes, people who point out racism are the real racists.

People who point out sexism are the real sexists.

People who point out horses at dressage events are THE REAL HORSES.

*neigh*

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not lily-white, more like...

...'shaved-pig'.....that's what the colour of my skin looks like, although i've no idea how we got on to skin colour......oh wait, you brought it up didn't you Mr X.

3. Naughtyhorse

imma letchu finish

no im not

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes, we're obviously all rascists..

Wow, you should maybe think about climbing off your high horse - the air up there's obviously a bit thin... You put the words "uppity" and "negro" in quotation marks. I looked through every single comment and couldn't find anyone using them. So in your sad quest to paint the rest of the world outside your vapidly sanctimonious boundaries as racist, where exactly did you find a commenter using them? Both you and Kanye are living proof that the colour of your skin has no bearing on whether you can behave like a smug blowhard. Personally my prejudice against arseholes is completely colour blind - I see little distinction between Kanye and Robin Thicke - both are equally lazy and talentless. Only the bullshit and incessant self aggrandising PR, along with a tendency to co-opt the mores and culture of those far more talented of the former are slightly more polished and irritating. This is perhaps what commenters here are reacting against rather than West's race?

PS. IMHO West's music is an insipid version of black people's music..

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

In this thread, we have the scaleless-skinned heteronormative air-breathing commentards of El Reg foaming at the mouth at the antics of the "uppity" "gay" "fish". You homophobic pescaphobes.

6. fishman

Troll

It's pretty obvious that with a name like "Donkey Molestor X" it's just a troll.

12. Hobgoblin

All part of his new career?

The Daily Mash had this take on him, which made me chuckle

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/kanye-quits-music-to-focus-on-being-a-twat-2015021095240

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: All part of his new career?

i too tittered:) av upvote.

2. Jez Burns

I thought his new career was providing the voice of the 'confused.com' robot?

3. Yugguy

Sniff has one too:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/02/10/tomtom-announces-kanyenav/#.VNyektBFCUk

13. Stevie

Bah!

Who is this "Kanye West" and why should I care?

1. The Indomitable Gall

Re: Bah!

He is a gay fish.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kanye stook his head above the parapit...

...we let loose with our 'arrows of pith'.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Michael Jackson said, "it don't matter if you're black or white"

I agree, Black or White, if Kanye wants to sell shit on the internet then good luck to him.

16. sisk

Kanye's openning an online shoe store? Right, adding yeezy.supply to my blacklist now....

17. Yugguy

This stuff makes me glad I'm old

And no longer have to give a shit about conforming to the latest fashions.

Not that I ever gave that much of a shit in the first place.

Fashion is for people who don't know what they like and need someone else to tell them.

1. wayward4now

Re: This stuff makes me glad I'm old

We are the goon squad and we're comin' to town

beep beep.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

KW = A$$ Clown

He really is a flaming A$$ Clown.

19. Michael Habel
    Alien

I guess this Arseclown has never heard of the Shoe Event Horizon then has he?

Hes gonna

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon