back to article Hungry Twitter starts spaffing ads ALL OVER THE WEB

Twitter is jumping into bed with news-reading app Flipboard and Yahoo! Japan in a bid to boost its advertising reach. The company said the deal to display promoted tweets on the third-party sites will "open a significant opportunity" to extend the reach of its "message" to a larger audience. Ameet Ranadive, Twitter's senior …

1. zen1

ugh

< sarcasm> Oh.. Joy... Just what I've been craving... more adverts. < /sarcasm>

2. Mark 85

Interesting money numbers...

I suppose that if Twitter went belly up that the news feeds/sites around the world would suddenly not have news. Even El Reg pastes in the tweets from twits. Maybe Twitter should be looking to new orgs for cash?

3. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"However, this is down six percentage points from its growth rate in February 2014."

I always goggle at statements like this. So what if growth (or profit) is slower? It's still growth (profit)

Why do investors start to panic when growth or profit is lower so long as it's still growth or profit? There is a is finite limit to growth, only so many people want to use twitter and no amount of revamping/re-jigging/whatever will restore or increase annual growth once you've reached the plateau.

Yes,I know Twitter is not in profit. It's a comparison.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like