back to article Yahoo! shareholders call for Icahn preemption

Carl Icahn wants to replace Yahoo!'s board of directors so he can vaporize its employee retention plan and sell the company to Microsoft. But some litigious Yahoo! shareholders think he's got it slightly wrong. In their ongoing lawsuit against Jerry Yang and company, two share-holding Detroit pension funds have argued that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Henry Wertz Gold badge

Just sell the stock!

These assholes should really just sell the stock, it's higher than Microsoft's offers anyway! Or, they can gun for getting 51%. The heads of Yahoo know that Microsoft will just drain any value out of Yahoo post-merger, and so do not want a merger. These stock brokers would know this if they knew dick about technology, but they do not.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So they expect a big walkout if Icahn take control?

You know if you expect a huge departure of staff if Icahn takes over, then you're accepting that the company will be mangled.

If you expect to get a good price from Microsoft for a mangled half company you're seriously mistaken.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Crazy pensioners..

Someone give them back their daytime soaps and other mind numbing trash so they can go back to using their time appropriately than trying to ruin technology companies. And whilst people are it, someone muzzle Icahn and put him in a cell and throw away the key!

4. KenBW2

Am i the only one

that has stopped bothering reading the microhoo stories?

Let me know when it's over

5. Tom

These stock brokers would know this if they knew dick about technology,

They don't care, they just see a chance to make a quick buck and if Yahoo dies and all the staff end up on the street after they sell not their problem. They have already moved on to the next opportunity.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@ Henry Wertz

Muppet. That's pretty much all I can say in response to your remarkably ill-informed post.

So, you say, "These assholes should really just sell the stock, it's higher than Microsoft's offers anyway!"

The stock price when I last checked (on yahoo interestingly - http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=YHOO) was $26.40. Microsoft's initial offer was $31 a share, since the offer was for cash and shares, it fell to as low as about $29, Microsoft increased the offer to $33. All of these prices are significantly above the current traded price of $26.40. Also the Microsoft offer has been above the traded price of Yahoo since the offer was made, when, if you recall, the price was well below $20.

7. amanfromMars Silver badge

Enigma CodeXXXX

QuITe why Yahoo! an Internet IT company tolerates the clumsy Business Intelligence of the Establishment, whenever they have all XXXXPertEase of the Internet to Command Communications with Alternate Shows, is AIMystery?

8. Bill Gould
    Go

Just merge already!

Then this non-drama can end, the shares can be mingled and everybody wins.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Icahn <==> BORG

What is with this self important puke? A 4% share seems like a minority to me. How is it that this rates dumping the board of directors and terminating the company?

Beware the Borg!

Fight him off and take a poison pill if necessary.

Micro$oft is also Borg! It is hard to name a company that has been eaten by them that ever launched another product.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

re:Icahn<++> BORG

Steve Balmer only owns close to 4.5% of Microsoft stock, and Bill owns close to 13.5% so smaller percentages in public companies can wield high power levels.

Paris loves stock holders.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like