back to article Twitter ATTENTION SEEKERS can now blab to each other IN PRIVATE

Twitter is set to become even more annoying. The profit-lite company has padded out its network with 30-second videos, which will be a feature seized upon by admen. It's an unsurprising move, given that Twitter bought SnappyTV – a vid service used to edit and share clips from live telly broadcasts – in July last year. The …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

Creep

Viewing and playing videos is just as simple: videos are previewed with a thumbnail and you can play them with just one tap

For now.

Next year it will be , "a select few partners will be able to auto start videos to enhance your experience by providing location and content aware promotional videos."

2. Mike Flugennock
    FAIL

Gonna be wearing out my "report spam" finger, I see...

Luckily, I'm using a separate Twitter cilent (TweetDeck) that lets me choose whether or not to show attached fotos or video in the tweet stream. The Twitter client on my phone is also fast and tight, with a "hide visual dross" option. "Sponsored content" is shot on sight.

Haven't used the actual Web site in ages. Went there once recently to do something, and gaaaahhhhdddd what a shit-ass mess.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Gonna be wearing out my "report spam" finger, I see...

'Luckily, I'm using a separate Twitter cilent'

Luckily I don't have a Twitter client of any sort on my phone.

Actually, come to think of it, it's not luck, it's because I'm not interested and refuse to have anything to do with Twitter. Or Facebook.

3. Mystic Megabyte
    Unhappy

Dear Claire,

I don't know a single person who uses Twitter, am I normal?

1. John H Woods Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Dear Claire,

#weirdo

4. Sureo

Private

You, me and the NSA

1. Swarthy

Re: Private

"This is just between you, me, and The Listening Post....."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like