back to article Asus floors it with Lamborghini laptop revamp

Asus has formally announced the anticipated successor to its Lamborghini laptop line, the compact, 12.1in VX3 - intended to bring a little... luxury to the sub-notebook arena. And integrated HSDPA 3G connectivity. Asus Lamborghini VX3 Asus' VX3: vroom, vroom The VX3's basic spec includes a 2.5GHz Core 2 Duo T9300 processor …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. richard
    Stop

err styling...?

couldn't they have done something with the styling on this thing? something a little different, or eyecatching..that keyboard layout is as bland as the cheapest acer laptop...the cheap acer laptop that's had a yellow case shoved on...

oh..i see...

2. Stephen

what is this

Is this an advert or what? Loads of pics and the bare minimum of details about the laptop. How much does it cost to buy an advert like this on el reg?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Ah, the old laptops for twat market!

Every person I have met who had one of those stupid fecking Ferrari laptop's, a) worked in the IT sector b) worked in Sales and obviously had no IT skills other than managing to find the power on switch so we could hear a rather pathetic vroom-vroom noise when aforementioned laptop started to boot!

4. Dunstan Vavasour
    Thumb Up

Examples of the machine in use

All the illustrations here seem to be of just the machine. I can't quite visualise how stylish it would look actually in use in a likely setting with a typical user. Perhaps you could find a suitable illustrations?

5. TeeCee Gold badge

@richard

But, but, it's got leather bits and I think that's the word "Lamborghini" in script at the bottom of the keyboard just above the CD drive. All that and yellow too!

I mean, what did you expect for a couple-ish of grand?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it Vista 64-bit?

It may be a silly question but I recently discovered Alienware will happily flog you 4GB of RAM and a 32-bit version of Vista to run on it...

Also, what graphics card does this have? The styling is very reminiscent of the VAIO SZ range, which would presumably mean it could have an nVidia 8400M GS of some sort in there.

7. b

vista?! YEUCH!

erm...no mention of the graphics provision?

12.1 is nice size, but, if it ain't gots da beef, what's the point?

baby laptops!

http://eupeople.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487

;)

8. Jay

@Stephen

Along with the fact that this advertisement takes up two pages. The Reg has gone downhill as of late-- a lot of articles are 5 page monstrosities...

9. Dr. E. Amweaver
    Paris Hilton

and comes with a USB mouse...

...in the shape of Richard Hammond. Lifesize.

Paris likes hamsters.

This topic is closed for new posts.