back to article Snoopy Fujitsu tech KNOWS you'll click that link – before YOU do

The next time you hover over a suspicious link a little too long, or download from a questionable site, you might get a nudge from Fujitsu. The Japanese tech giant has, from the back of a 2000-head study, developed a tool capable of determining if a user was likely to be scammed and delivering a custom warning. Together with …

1. DN4

risk analysis results

Random noise plotted with nice colour bars is still random noise.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

darn, i just clicked on it

Or did I?

I started reading and thought that the rest of the sentence was going to say 'and if you hover over a link long enough, fujitsu's software will click it for you.' I thought that would save wear and tear on my finger. Or I'll have to stop taking my palsy medication just to fuck with them.

3. Oninoshiko

s/warning/pink slip/g

4. tfewster

Either likely or really unlikely?

So my cursor hovers over a dodgy link - am I about to click it or am I reading what the link actually is at the bottom of my email client/browser?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Either likely or really unlikely?

Or are you reading what the malware wants you to think is the link that you think is the actual link being posted at the bottom of your client?

5. Mark 85

Given the way that most users seem to be, they'll just go ahead and click on the "ignore" or "cancel" on the warning anyway.

6. David Pollard

Déjà Vu?

Do you experience a déjà vu moment when you do click on the link?

7. Robert Helpmann??
    Joke

Old School

This needs to have an apparatus tied to it that ends in a ruler. Every time the user tries to click on a suspect link, WHACK! right on the knuckles. Same with spam. Revenues for these kinds of scams would dry up overnight, malware would be drastically reduced, and network traffic would drop to 1980's levels. Well, maybe two out of three...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like